Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has rained off and on all day today. When That happens I always get into a mood and just flat do not want to get anything done. I did manage to catch it between rains and took the boys out to the college. It was really nice and they sure enjoyed it. Been plumb tuckered out since.

Oh, well. There is tomorrow! lol

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I did almost nothing today too.. i think i got dressed at 6pm, finally.. a load of laundry and walked the dogs.. that's it.. i hate this rain

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I was thinking I hadn't gotten much done, but then I thought again. Made breakfast for DH and I, went grocery shopping, 3 loads of laundry, weeded and watered the garden, played with Sammi in the backyard in her pool, its 90' here today and she doesn't like the heat so much! Just got back a short time ago from dinner. So all and all a pretty full day! Oh and if we didn't get things done when it rained here in Oregon, nothing would ever get accomplished:D

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking I hadn't gotten much done, but then I thought again. Made breakfast for DH and I, went grocery shopping, 3 loads of laundry, weeded and watered the garden, played with Sammi in the backyard in her pool, its 90' here today and she doesn't like the heat so much! Just got back a short time ago from dinner. So all and all a pretty full day! Oh and if we didn't get things done when it rained here in Oregon, nothing would ever get accomplished:D
I didn't do nearly that much today! I think when it rained unexpectedly that got the ball rolling for me. I wanted to mow the grass and once that got nixed by the weather, well, that did it.

Outside of taking the boys to play and dropping some mail off at the post office, I've been more like a real slug today..lol

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I didn't do nearly that much today! I think when it rained unexpectedly that got the ball rolling for me. I wanted to mow the grass and once that got nixed by the weather, well, that did it.

Outside of taking the boys to play and dropping some mail off at the post office, I've been more like a real slug today..lol
Slug days can be good and needed!!:D

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Down-days. Do-nothing days.
Our bodies and psyches just tell us when it's time to STOP.

I had that day today and I just let it happen.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Rained here today also. All. Day. Long.
I did go to the grocery and picked up a few things. Took my DD's bike to the gas station to air up the tires.
Oh and I took a nap. That's pretty much my day.
Slugville.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
No rain here - but I watch a PBR Extreme Marathon all day long! Yee-hah!

And vaccuumed half of the house.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Down-days. Do-nothing days.
Our bodies and psyches just tell us when it's time to STOP.
The human mind is an amazing thing. One can craft all the plans they want,if the mind and body say it's time to rest,it rests.

I always have a little mental list of quiet time activities just for those days. I cannot not "do" something. I'm one of those that has to feel like something worthwhile was accomplished. Even if it is sorting through photos or the like.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
We're having a do-nothing day today. Alarm went off at 6:00 and we woke up at 7:30 :)

Yesterday we took Charlotte to puppy play, looked at a wedding venue, took Jake to the lake, looked at another wedding venue, got movies for my Dad (post-surgery) to watch, got Dad dinner, took my parents' dogs for a walk, got Dad dessert, then crashed in bed at 11:30.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts