Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to go see the late performance of this tonight at the theater. I'm coming back to an empty house. I'll have to sleep with my baseball bat. I'm hoping its good. Reviews look promising.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i want to see that. let us know if it's good. is molly going to be there at least?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
man...I can't even watch the trailer...I have to change to channel.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I want to see it but I'll wait till dvd, that way I can pause or fastforward thru the really freaky parts!!! LOL How was it? Did you make it through the night?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I was super freaked out. But take into account that I get scared easily at anything that pops out. I really liked it. It wasnt cheesey like a lot of scary movies. (Even though it has dead people with their eyelids cut off) And when I thought it was about to end, it kept going. It wasnt slow at all. Now, it wasnt the greatest movie ever, but I definately think it is worth going to see. I had lots of fun watching it. A few good laughs too.

Its loosely based on a true story so I'd like to find out about the original story.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH and I slept fine. It was one of those movies that has enough of a resolved ending and something that could only happen in one place, that I was fine once it was over. Well for the most part. I didnt dare look in my rear view mirror incase there was someone/thing in the back seat.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nice!! I'm still thinking I'll wait to video but it really looks good! I like freaky movies, but then I just get so freaked out, I'll wake hubby up to go to the bathroom.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
There was one my friend watched a few weeks ago and she said DO NOT watch that movie. I'll have to ask her; but I think they were girls or kids or something about a lake house.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
There was one my friend watched a few weeks ago and she said DO NOT watch that movie. I'll have to ask her; but I think they were girls or kids or something about a lake house.
The Strangers? About a couple at a vacation home that are targeted by a group of kids? My Mom watched it and old me not to watch it either - too scary and I'm too easily paranoid!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strangers

Just reading the synopsis scared the crap out of me - I hate horror films, give me a romantic comedy any day! I'm glad you had fun though Laurie!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We were talking about the Strangers at work today! I havent seen it but everyone said that was the movie that freaked them out the most.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i also would like to know the story behind the movie and could you tell me what those things coming out of the kids mouth during the trailer were? creeeeepy.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
We were talking about the Strangers at work today! I havent seen it but everyone said that was the movie that freaked them out the most.
My Mom LOVES scary movies - she always wants to watch them - and even she said it was too scary. I won't even watch the trailer - I'm a big chicken :p

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i also would like to know the story behind the movie and could you tell me what those things coming out of the kids mouth during the trailer were? creeeeepy.
They called it "ectoplasm". All I could think of was ghost busters when they said that.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I can't wait to see it! A year or two ago I saw the episode of A Haunting on the Discovery Channel recounting this family's story and wondered if they would make amovie about.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Okay, so I am half way through The Strangers and am not scared yet; but I am sure those "creeks" in the house tonight won't be the same!!!!! Will keep ya posted!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, so I am half way through The Strangers and am not scared yet; but I am sure those "creeks" in the house tonight won't be the same!!!!! Will keep ya posted!!
Ok. Let me know. I rented it. I'm dying to see this (ok maybe I shouldnt use that expression) but I dunno if I should watch it by myself! Maybe I'll wait and have a friend come over first.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
just finished watching it in the dark....bwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!! LOL

okay, well maybe i don't want that remote house out in the country after all...i'll keep my house in the burbs with neighbors close by.

it was not that scarey to me, but then again, i laughed at the exorcist.

off to look for another one; i'm on a roll. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts