Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The breeder we got the girls from gave us samples of a product called NeVet Plus. She said she gives it to all of her puppies and grown dogs. When I asked our vet about it at their first checkup he said as long as we were feeding them a high quality food that had all of the vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidents,etc in it already he didn't see the need and extra expense for the supplements. We have them on Pinnacle Trout & Sweet Potato and they are doing well.

I thought I would ask all of you to see if anyone uses the product and get your thoughts. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Barb, I hear they are good, but again, if your dog is on a good kibble diet, you don't need to add the vitamins. About the only thing extra you might need is Fish Oil due to it being dry where you live.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use NuVet with Scout. It was a requirement for my health guarantee. I talked with several reputable breeders and they also required the puppy purchasers to put their dog on NuVet or it would be considered as breaking the purchasing contracting which would void the health guarantee. I did my research and this does seem to be a very well liked product. I can't tell with Scout yet, but over time hopefully I will notice it.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Most breeders get a kick back I think from this company that is why they push it an insist on it on their contracts. I honestly feel if the dog is healthy and being fed a quality kibble (all dog food is formulated to meet the nutritional requirements) then vit/min supplements are not needed at all.
Cinder is the only one here who gets them because she has digestive issues. So she gets Probiotics and ever other day a scoop of vit/min (Ultimate) by Nature's Farmacy

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I totally agree with your vet. Chuck the vitamins and keep doing what is working just fine for you.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I am giving the boys Missing Link Plus again and it has helped with the blowing coat and dry skin. I started using it with Shadow when she had those bare patches on her flanks, and it did wonders for her. Poor Champ stank so bad from being over-bathed when we got him that I started giving it to him then and it helped a lot. Then I sort of forgot about it until recently, and have started giving it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts