Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little wart on the palm of my hand and I used the little round bangage things to see if that would make it go away. Well it looked like it did, but a month later it was back.

My question is has anyone used the frozen stuff you can buy in the store that will take it right off? Just wondering, because I have been trying to get this thing off for the past two months or so and nothing is working. I don't have insurance yet to go to the doctor and have it removed.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Re: Has anyone used a wort remover?

This may sound really weird, but I swear to God it works. One of the boys had warts on a bunch of fingers. I took him to our family Dr. and the Dr. said to use dandelions!!!!! Rub a dandelion on the wart for a few minutes twice a day and in two weeks they'll be gone. IT WORKED! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

jzgrlduff said:
This may sound really weird, but I swear to God it works. One of the boys had warts on a bunch of fingers. I took him to our family Dr. and the Dr. said to use dandelions!!!!! Rub a dandelion on the wart for a few minutes twice a day and in two weeks they'll be gone. IT WORKED! :)
What is that?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

WHAT?! You don't know what a dandelion is? Maybe they don't have them in Florida. They're those ugly yellow "flowers" that pop up in your lawn all summer. Lemme see if I can get a pic of it for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

jzgrlduff said:
WHAT?! You don't know what a dandelion is? Maybe they don't have them in Florida. They're those ugly yellow "flowers" that pop up in your lawn all summer. Lemme see if I can get a pic of it for you.
No No I am sorry I know what it is. Sorry I think I am still asleep. I know we dont have any in our yard. But I see them down the highway sometimes.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

Here. See the ugly yellow flowers in the background of this pic? Then they turn into this poofy thing. Rub the yellow flower on the wart and watch it disappear! :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

It's that flower that you stick under your chin to see if you like butter
Those are buttercups. I like that word - buttercups. :)

·
Registered
7,955 Posts

I read somewhere that duct tape will remove warts. You could probably google duct tape warts and find something about it. I don't know how long you'd have to leave it on. It might be crap, who knows.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts

I don't know about over the counter products, but I know you can get them 'frozen' off at the doctors. Not sure how it works.

I had one on the my index finger just before the nail for years. It wasn't particularly prominant so I chose to leave it. It went by itself after several years.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts

The freezing is pretty painful...it may take more than one freezing for a stubborn wart. I'd probably have the dr. do it. Some warts can spread if you mess with them too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Trickster said:
I don't know about over the counter products, but I know you can get them 'frozen' off at the doctors. Not sure how it works.

I had one on the my index finger just before the nail for years. It wasn't particularly prominant so I chose to leave it. It went by itself after several years.
I had some on my knee when I was a kid and went to the doctor to have them removed. They froze them off. IT HURT LIKE HELL and I was bleeding for about two weeks. So that is why I thought I could just do it at home. Just make sure I have some bandages.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts

I had one on one of my knuckles for years. Tried every OTC remedy out there, but it wouldn't budge. Had it frozen at the dermatologist and it never came back. Knowing that now, I'd save all the trouble and go straight to the dermatologist.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.