Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Geez, that looks pricey to me!!! For staples like beef, chicken, pork and turkey, I would never pay more than $1 a pound for even the meat cuts. More in line with $35 a pound for tripe, chicken backs and pork necks.

I would go ahead and order from them but contact abbatoirs and try to source out for cheaper prices myself. A litter of puppies would cost me hundreds a month at those prices :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I can't find meat around here for less than $2.00. The only thing I can get is turkey necks @ 0.60c a # Dad shot a deer in the fall and even that was $2.60 a # to process.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Alicia, I know where you are it might be hard to find meat sources. I also order from Hare Today. Shipping kills me but I'm working something out with her. I know there are some in that area that raise buffallo--you might want to contact some of them and see what they do with animals that they need to get rid of. The Columbus co-op hooked up with a man who had a bunch of older cows that he needed to get rid of cause he was cutting down on the size of his herd and we got a great deal on ground beef with bone in it--$1.75 or $1.45 a pound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts