Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the company the shelter uses for microchips? I have heard of home again and Avid. but thats all. I am wanting to make sure Mambo's info is all set up while I am out of town and that its works. So I am calling them now.

They say they process any chip number, regardless what company you went through. I don't think there was a fee involved. So now I am curious.

Anyone heard of them before?

This website also has a program for 19.95 a year. Basically if he gets out and need medical attention. they will cove rit for up to 3k.

ok. i just checked and all his info is up to date. That makes me feel better.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hi Amanda, yes I have Payton chipped through 24 petwatch, as it was available through our local shelter as well. I do not have any info on their history/reliability, etc. Knowing that it was our county shelter that provided the chipping made msense for me to use it if Payton would get lost. You can go to their website to learn more. They also sell pet insurance which I found interesting. Specifically they offer a policy for about $10/month that gives coverage should the pet ingest a foreign object and require treatment. I know our labs would be at high risk for this...at least Payton is :p

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
wiscpayton said:
Hi Amanda, yes I have Payton chipped through 24 petwatch, as it was available through our local shelter as well. I do not have any info on their history/reliability, etc. Knowing that it was our county shelter that provided the chipping made msense for me to use it if Payton would get lost locally. You can go to their website to learn more. They also sell pet insurance which I found interesting. Specifically they offer a policy for about $10/month that gives coverage should the pet ingest a foreign object and require treatment. I know our labs would be at high risk for this...at least Payton is :p

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I just checked them out and made sure Mambo was Up to date on all his info. They seem like a great co. I noticed anyone can call there and give the id and they will refer you to the company that you particular chip came from. Thats pretty neat.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Yep, Jake is chipped with them. A lot of shelters use it; I think it's through Petfinder. They sent me a thing this year to make sure his info was up-to-date. I thought that was pretty good!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Two of my dogs are chipped with them. They got chipped at a show in Okla City and this was the chips they were using. The rest are chipped with Home Again.

What I like is they can be read my the Avid or the Home Again scanners. If I could easily get it in my area I would chip all my dogs with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts