Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next few months we are likely going to replace our mattress with a memory foam mattress. I saw that Sam's Club offers them on their website and have good customer feedback on the site.

Anyone have one? Good bad?

Also, if you go to Sam's Club, do they have models set up to try?

If anyone has any feedback on a particular brand and average cost , that would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but we have a memory foam topper that we got at Sams. The mattresses are really popular, too--I see people buying them all the time at my Costco and my Sams. The topper is really nice. Very firm and it came with its own cover, which not all of them do. All my Sams has is a little piece you can sort of put your hand on, not a big mattress set up or anything.

One thing about the topper is that it does have a strong odor at first. It was pretty stinky for about a week. The mattress is just a big block of the foam, right? So it may have that issue, too. You might want to set it up in another room and let it air out. Ours has no odor at all now, though.

Edited to add that some people say sleeping on a memory foam topper makes them sleep "too hot". I am SUPER hot natured and have not had this problem. It's also nice that even though we do have a regular mattress underneath, your spouse can toss and turn and you will not really feel the motion. Before we got the topper, our actual mattress pillow top was sort of getting a dip in it...the topper filled that out and really transformed our existing mattress. I think we paid about $180-$200 for it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Be sure to let it offgas for a few days before you use it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Go to any furniture or mattress store and try one out first. Then compare prices and go for the best deal you can make.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
We have the 3" memory foam topper, and I totally love it.

The only bad thing is that it makes it hard to sleep on a non-memory foam mattress. ;)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I found the memory foam stuff to sleep very hot. I also live on the Gulf of Mexico, so factor that in. There ARE really comfy, though.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
That's interesting, Allie, about the memory foam filling in the 'dip'. We replaced our mattresses last month and moved our old ones to the guest room. The guest room ones we threw out because they had a cavern in the middle. Basically our guests were spooning no matter how they felt about it. The mattresses we put down there were starting to dip. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I don't have any experience with the memory foam matresses but I have slept in the Sleep number beds at several hotels. I love the sleep number set up. I'm saving my pennies and that will be the next bed set I purchase. Just another idea to throw at you.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I don't have any experience with the memory foam matresses but I have slept in the Sleep number beds at several hotels. I love the sleep number set up. I'm saving my pennies and that will be the next bed set I purchase. Just another idea to throw at you.
We have a Sleep Number bed and I added a 3" memory foam topper because we got the smallest pillow top they had. I put a quilted mattress pad on top of the foam to hold it in place. This bed is heavenly! :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a tempurpedic and hated it. I have two herniated discs and hip problems. It caused so many pressure points by the time we had it for a few years I could only sleep on it 15 minutes at a time. I now have a latex one that has a big pillow top. Thet sell it at Costco. I love it. Not hot and no pressure points.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts