Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harvey just loves his toys, I bought him a new one on Sunday, here is a pic of it before i gave it to him

Half hour later....

and now we have to say goodbye to his close friend, they only had 45 mins together...

Next time, I am buying him a concrete block...

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I know how you feel. I stopped giving mine stuffed toys because there was no chance whatsoever they'd last. Then I fell for this cute stuffed "tough chew" octopus. Who was given a lobotomy within minutes of arriving home.

He might like the concrete block.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hmmm....Dinozzo has just chewed through a 'Virtually Indestructibale' (the toy co's description) toy...but the 'Pup Treads' is surviving (so far). He chewed the rope but the 'tyre' withstands he attentions.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I'm shocked it lasted 45 minutes.

I now buy old stuffed kids toys from Goodwill. I can't spend the money anymore on actual dog toys just to watch the three of them destroy it in 90 seconds. At Goodwill you can buy a handful of old stuffed toys for the price of one decent thing from a real pet store.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
The interesting thing with Dexter is that he use to pick at the seams of any toys we bought him. In under 15 minutes he'd wreck anything. We stopped buying soft toys and the only one that wasnt damaged, a duck, was put in a tub under some other stuff which is on the floor next to his crate. One day, after about 6 months had past he out of the blue went over to the tub rummaged around and pulled the duck out. Our first inclination was to take it off him but we thought we'd see what he did. Well he did not chew OR damage that duck in anyway and the interesting thing is that he took it with him everywhere. So after a week we started buying him soft toys again although just as a precaution we only get him de-stuffed toys. We have a local pet store which has some of the best toys I have seen. We recently got him this large rabbit which he loves.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
LOL! Bauer likes small stuffed toys and does not destuff them. Big stuffed toys are destuffed in seconds, but the little ones are like his babies. He licks them, cuddles with them, sucks on them . . . they are pretty disgusting after a few days, but he still loves them.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Have you tried the "Tuffies" Tuffy's Toys, Durable Dog Toys, Unique Pet Toys - TuffieToys.com They are kind of expensive but they have lasted with my dogs. Some of them they have got the binding chewed up but not actually destroyed the toy. We have one of the big rings a few of the fish and we had a bomorang but I think that was is gone it was left outside a long time. Our dogs even used them to play tug with all the time and they still held up.

Zeus is a stuffie killer give him 5 minutes and it's toast.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Willy does the same thing. He has a ton of de-stuffed things he carries around everywhere. We also have those tires and hard chew things and they won't play with those at all. It's either a ball or a de-stuffed stuffy!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Have you tried the "Tuffies" Tuffy's Toys, Durable Dog Toys, Unique Pet Toys - TuffieToys.com They are kind of expensive but they have lasted with my dogs. Some of them they have got the binding chewed up but not actually destroyed the toy. We have one of the big rings a few of the fish and we had a bomorang but I think that was is gone it was left outside a long time. Our dogs even used them to play tug with all the time and they still held up.

Zeus is a stuffie killer give him 5 minutes and it's toast.
I love these toys!! We have 2 rings and they are still together which says a lot because Bruce can destuff in under 5 min.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
We have some Tuffies, too, they're awesome!!!!! I also swear by Kong Wubbas, we have 3 of them - the bear, the fox, and the blue fleece one.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whatever i buy him ends up in pieces... although we have a kong that has lasted about 3 weeks now, probably because he knows i will stuff it with something nice for him. I have bought him all manner of 'tough' toys and nothing lasts. I should be grateful though, he doesnt chew on the furniture. It is his second birthday this month so i am on the look out for something new for him. His brother hasnt chewed any of his toys, he just carries them around all day long.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Concrete blocks they can chip away at. Go bowling ball. Paddy had one. It was quite the entertainment for his big ol' self! :)
I agree!!! Brenner has a candle pin bowling ball that he goes nutty over!
It's a bit loud on the ears rolling across the floor and banging into the base boards but the look on his little pint sized face is priceless.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.