Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See these bottles? With aging eyes, how in the world would you see the difference! On a crowded grocery store shelf full of other products of similar color, you pick up what you think is the bottle you bought last time.

WRONG! You spray your guys with the carpet and furniture stuff, thinking it's the dog stuff... but only the first two dogs because you realize quickly it doesn't smell right! You quickly cold water wash those two dogs and hope there is no harm. In the end, there is no harm.

Tudor called Hartz three days ago to tell them about this packaging problem. They were receptive to the "complaint" and called back again, just about ten minutes ago, to ask how the dogs were and did we have to take them to the vet for treatment. Hartz would have paid the bill, they said, if we had had to do that.

Now, before all of you jump all over Hartz and their products please let me say this: We do not ordinarily use them but there seems to be a shortage of affordable flea treatment in our area and this was a stop-gap measure.

So, for all of that... just be very careful when you look at your bottles / boxes / containers before you apply the contents to your dogs or household.!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Wow, how stupid to make them so similar but I'm impressed in how they called you back.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Glad everything is OK - you think they would have learned from the little coumadin "snaffo" with the twin babies!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
It's nice that they called you back & offered to pay vets bills but if they were really serious, they'd recall every bottle & re pack them all in different coloured bottles to avoid confusion.

Next time some one's dog might not be so lucky. :sick:

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Wow they are definitely very similar!!

I'm impressed with their response though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts