Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phillies broadcaster, aka "the voice of the Phillies" has died.

:( :( :( :(

According to news reports, he made his usual rounds late yesterday morning before heading up to the broadcast booth for the Phillies vs. the Nationals. He was found at approximately 12:20 in the booth, he was rushed to the hospital & died about an hour later!

While I'm not a huge baseball fan (game is a little to slow for my tastes), he will be greatly missed here in Philadelphia. Don't know how a Phillies broadcast will ever be the same without Harry's trademark "Long drive to right field, that ball is outta heeree!!!"

At least he got to see the Phillies win their second World Series last fall & get their rings last week.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Yes, this is so sad. Kind of fitting that he died in the broadcast booth, and the Phils won yesterday!
The local Philly news was all about Harry last night.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, this is so sad. Kind of fitting that he died in the broadcast booth, and the Phils won yesterday!
The local Philly news was all about Harry last night.
Sam you are so right! Even Ryan Howard said, it was very fitting (if you can call it that) that Harry was in the booth preparing to do what he loved so much when it happened.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I'm not a baseball fan, either, but that voice --- so distinct. And apparently belonged to a helluva nice guy.

RIP, Harry.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
John and I were just talking on Sunday about how his voice signified Spring to both of us :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.