Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday Evening UPDATE

Harley is home! Yeah!!! But Pepper has to stay the night on IV fluids. I visited with him when I picked up Harley.
Roni a little diarrhea when I got home this afternoon so I brought him to get checked out again. Since he is not throwing up, although he won't eat anything, he was sent home with diarrhea meds.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thursday afternoon UPDATE

Pepper started with vomiting and very watery diarrhea this morning. So he is now at the vet. They will run blood work on him too. They did a fecal smear and it showed a lot of bacteria.
Lazy seems to have gotten over here diarrhea from yesterday, she just went out and had normal poop. Lily, Lucy and Roni all had normal poop today too.

Before they send Harley home they want to get him to eat a little and make sure he holds it down. So far he won't eat for them.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wednesday evening UPDATE

Harley has been having soft stools since the food change last week. It seemed to be getting worse over the last few days. Well this morning he woke me up at 6:30 to go out and he had diarrhea, then came back in and threw up his supper. He drank water a little while later and threw that up all over the place. A little later we went outside and his stool was watery, then he walked to another spot and it was bloody watery.
The vet redid blood work and the kidneys are ok. But his Liver Enzymes were higher than they were last week. He has Chronic Active Hepatitis, same thing Haily had and died from last year. He was diagnosed over a year ago with it and his Enzymes fluctuate all the time. He also was a little dehydrated so they started him on an IV drip and he will spend the night at the vet.
The vet is thinking the food change, he has always had a very sensitive stomach. So he will just treat the symptoms for now and see how he does.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Oh almost forgot, don't know how I could. :-\ When I got home from running my errands somebody had very soft poop on one of the dog beds. I have no idea who did.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On my way to the vet now. Will update when I get back.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Re: Harley is having very bloody diarrhea

Sending good thoughts for Harley. Update us when you can.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts

Sending Harley some good thoughts.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts

Oh no!! Good thoughts and good luck!!! I hope Harley will be okay.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts

Sending some good thoughts for Harley.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

Good thoughts for Harley. Hope it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

Good thoughts for Harley!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts