Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Millie came to the dance with her brother and his recent GF, Emily.

We danced almost every dance from 7:30 to 11:00 but then left Lawrence for the 30 mile drive home, to get safe before any inebriated drivers hit the road (& cars) after midnight.

What a delight Millie is to dance with!

I don't think I've ever had so great a partner. She senses almost all my leads in advance, sometimes invents steps that are fun to follow, just a really great partner! I don't know much about her -- but if we had 3 or 4 areas (like dance) with such harmonious reciprocity, I'd sure want to be with her the rest of my life.

I got back home at midnight, about 2 hours after Puff's usual last call for P&P. Unfortunately for Puff, NY's Eve often involves midnight fireworks and there were a lot tonight. Puff was in mid poop when a particularly loud cannon shot sounded and she bolted home, pushed open the front door which I mistakenly thought was latched, and sequestered herself in the downstairs bathroom (also a tornado shelter with all walls, ceiling, of reinforced concrete.)

It's after 1 AM and she's still reluctanct to leave the safety on the shelter.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Glad you had a good time.

Tell Puff Cinnamon sympathizes with her she doesn't like those noisy fireworks either. She likes to snuggle tightly until those crazy things stop. So from 8pm to about 1am I had a lab pressed into me as tight as she could get.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I am glad you had a good time. Poor Puff. Hopefully she has left the safety of her "shelter." Happy New Year. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hi Bob! Nice to see this. Will you pursue Milly any further than dancing? ;)

Poor Puff. When did she finally come out?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Happy New Year to you too! I'm glad you had fun at your dance. Why don't you test the waters with Milly and see if you have other interests? You don't know unless you try. It would be great for you to find a companion.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What the hell does that mean?
*blank stare*

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Bob wants Milly to do the horizontal tango.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
*spits cottage cheese all over*
I know what "harmonious" means...but I never heard of "reciprocity".

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
*spits cottage cheese all over*
I know what "harmonious" means...but I never heard of "reciprocity".
She's got to AGREE to do the horizontal tango....

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
reciprocity = mutual give and take.

I think activities with Millie are limited for quite a while/maybe forever to just dancing, and it's probably just as well. That'll give us time to talk a little and know each other a bit better.

Millie's very much a care giving person (which I respect). A man has come back into her life with whom she had a relation years ago -- and then broke it. (I think she feels a bit guilty over having done that.) He has some health problems and can't dance.

But Millie has said dancing is so important to her, she must dance.

So, just dancing it is.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HMMPH!!
*kicks dirt*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts