Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I live in this country and hope that he can live up to the hype everyone has for him. He's so far up on the pedestal that it's a long way to fall if he fails. I certainly hope he can help this country out. I am not expecting a miracle in the first 100 days or the first 12 months but would like to see our country dig itself out of this hole we're in.

G

·
2labsmom said:
I live in this country and hope that he can live up to the hype everyone has for him. He's so far up on the pedestal that it's a long way to fall if he fails. I certainly hope he can help this country out. I am not expecting a miracle in the first 100 days or the first 12 months but would like to see our country dig itself out of this hole we're in.
The radios yesterday that were voting and cheering for him now are saying that he's sooo brought it down soo much because he knows he may not be able to deliver :whistle:

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Well, considering the depth of the economic situation your country is in right now, I genuinely hope that you understand that fixing the problem will very likely take more than a single term. I think folks from both the left and right are going to need to look at the long term and not be too harsh about the short term.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
kaisdad said:
Well, considering the depth of the economic situation your country is in right now, I genuinely hope that you understand that fixing the problem will very likely take more than a single term. I think folks from both the left and right are going to need to look at the long term and not be too harsh about the short term.
Oh please. If it's not fixed in 100 days, he'll be a failure. That's the way it is in this country. Everything is short term for most people.

G

·
kaisdad said:
Not the way too he was talking during the election, he goe people hopes up, from my grandmother, to my coworkers, to my aunts and uncles, people here in America like Laura said will want it also fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
a politician that offered big plans and grandiose plans??? Wow, what a novel, original idea... no politician ever has promised that before... <sarcasm mode off>

G

·
kaisdad said:
Well then, you don't have either foot in reality.
Oh, not me...I have a reality on this...it will take years and years and years and years, if they don't put Marshal Law into effect next. I don't even think we're any where near the bottom yet. :no:

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I so wish I was there! Or at least able to watch it live. I'm recording the coverage so I can watch it all tonight. I have a friend who was working on setting up all the riggings for the sound and light systems down there for the past few days and he said it just a madhouse. And the energy level - everyone just has this sense of being part of something huge. I can't wait to hear his inauguration speech!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Retriever Mama said:
I so wish I was there! Or at least able to watch it live. I'm recording the coverage so I can watch it all tonight. I have a friend who was working on setting up all the riggings for the sound and light systems down there for the past few days and he said it just a madhouse. And the energy level - everyone just has this sense of being part of something huge. I can't wait to hear his inauguration speech!
It's really moving to see such excitement for everyone there. Waving their little American flags chokes me up. My husband cannot understand it, because he isn't American. but I keep annoying him with texts every few minutes! LOL

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I don't get all the excitement. Okay, he's the first mixed-race president. Whoop-te-doo.

Can we pull the plug on affirmative action programs now? End all the ridiculous discussion about slavery reparations? Hope so.

He's now President. Only a matter of time before something bogs him down. Some scandal or other. He's already flirted with it (Blago). But the mud will fly and in either 4 yrs or 8 yrs, he'll be ushered out, and we'll be onto someone else.

And people will still be unemployed. And over-taxed. And threatened with terror, either on an international level or an individual level on our city streets. And our schools will still be ineffective. And Washington will continue being a morass of ineptitude.

Sorry. I'm a cynic. But I feel like at this point in my weathering of the political cycles, I've heard it all before. And the most I can muster is an eye-roll.

G

·
samson said:
Tundra Aries said:
kaisdad said:
Well then, you don't have either foot in reality.
Oh, not me...I have a reality on this...it will take years and years and years and years, if they don't put Marshal Law into effect next. I don't even think we're any where near the bottom yet. :no:
Martial Reggie Martial

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10504
Yeah, that too :laugh: ;) :embarrass:

You can kill me before I take any chips...mark of the beast if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts