Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had new windows installed several months ago. Just payed my gas bill. $109. That is down about $100-$150. WOW. Also dropped my electric bill by $20 by having a new washing machine and dishwasher. Can't wait to see my water bill.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is gas your sole fuel for heating your house?
Yes, I have a 3 level townhouse about 2,000 sq. ft.. The highest 2 months are usually Jan and Feb.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Yes, I have a 3 level townhouse about 2,000 sq. ft.. The highest 2 months are usually Jan and Feb.

Depending on your furnaces age and efficiency, you might see even more savings if you switch to something newer. That may only be a beneift if the furnace is really old, otherwise you wouldn't see a return on your investment for quite some time.

It's amazing what a difference good windows can make though!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depending on your furnaces age and efficiency, you might see even more savings if you switch to something newer. That may only be a beneift if the furnace is really old, otherwise you wouldn't see a return on your investment for quite some time.

It's amazing what a difference good windows can make though!
Already have a high efficiency furnace.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
How many does your house have, kelli?
Let's see.. 4 basement windows.. those long, narrow ones.. big one in the living room and 3 in each of the three bedrooms.

The bathroom is getting a new one soon to prevent any water damage to the new drywall.

The large window in the kitchen is going to be cut down into a sliding door next year.. or the year after.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
So, nine in total? Swapping them out should be reasonable. It won't be cheap, but it isn't as expensive as people usually think. The actual cost of the windows isn't that much. Most of your money will go to labour. Can your dad change them out for you?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let's see.. 4 basement windows.. those long, narrow ones.. big one in the living room and 3 in each of the three bedrooms.

The bathroom is getting a new one soon to prevent any water damage to the new drywall.

The large window in the kitchen is going to be cut down into a sliding door next year.. or the year after.
Kelli, i had 9 windows, 3 of which were large sliders and 3 floor to ceiling, and one storm door which needed to be custom cut. Payed $21,000 for all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts