Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Birthday to my beloved, precious girl!

You were born on June 3, 1999. You, and your 10 brothers and sisters were not planned ... we (SU and I) heard of you as you were enrolled at the Woodgreen Animal Shelter. We met you for the first time on July 19, and we fell in love.

We were young, carefree and active ... you were young, carefree and active. Who knew what a match we would be!!! ;D

You were scrappy and nervous, and obsessed with food ... we didn't know enough to be bothered by that. We were newly married, living overseas, lonely and far from family. We needed you as much as you needed us. We bought a book and we bought a crate, and we raised you during a beautiful summer on a military base in the farmland of rural England. Life was good. :)

You've had so many friends ... some we still visit ... some live in faraway countries now ... and some have gone to the bridge. We've lived in so many places, and had so many moves ... you've slept on the foot of so many beds. And now we are done with all of that ... we are home for good.

We've come a long way, baby ... you raised me to be an adult ... you raised Raleigh ... and now you are raising your little two-legged brother. To this day we run this household together ... with apologies to the New Skete Monks, we decided that two alpha females was o.k. ;)

You get more beautiful every day ... as Rod Stewart says, "you wear it well" my dear.

I love you. Happy Birthday to Ivy!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Awwww, your Ivy is beautiful :). I have an Ivy, too.

Happy Birthday to your Ivy!

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful friend. I have tears in my eyes. She's a real beauty, your Ivy. :)

:D :D HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY SWEET IVY!!!! :-* :-*

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
A very happy birthday to a very special girl!

Have a wonderful day, Ivy!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IVY!!!! :D

Enjoy your special day!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes! :D

I enjoyed my special day ... we had steak, brown rice, and steamed baby carrots for dinner (along with my normal kibble) ... now I'm going to crash on the sofa (the leather one, of course) and wait until The Sopranos are on at 9:00. After Sopranos I'll go upstairs, jump onto the foot of my parent's bed, sprawl on my back, and intercept all of the cool air coming from the fan.

It's good to be 8. 8)

Love - Ivy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts