Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to believe that two (2) years ago tonight, I (with my youngest sister) drove two (2) hours to Allentown, PA to meet the Labs4Rescue transport. I was picking up my new chocolate labby baby, who would be named Lexi.

When they unloaded her from the transport, she was this skinny, very smelly mess! Considering I had not met her prior to that moment, my first thought was "Egad what have I gotten myself into??" ???

Everyone had told me, you'll know when you meet her if she is the right pup for you. Well, truer words have never been said. Even though she was far from perfect, I knew from first sight that she was my cajun labby princess!

Now two (2) years later, I would not change a single thing about choosing to rescue!!! If I had the space, I would definitely give her a sibling.

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY LEXI!!!

Here are a few pics of my baby, Lexi, today at my parents.

Surveying her domain earlier this week

Playin' in the pool at grandma's house

Hey ma, stop takin' pics of me all wet!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day, Sweet Lexi!

You are truly one of the sweetest labs I have ever met. You make a friend out of everyone you meet. No wonder your Mama spoils ya rotten! I would too :-* Have a great day, Lex....give her some hugs and kisses from us, Deb.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
HAPPY 2ND GOTCHA DAY LEXI!!

You truly are the sweetest lab. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
PS I wish Clairol made Lexi's color in a box ::) It even has natural highlights in it.
And yes...Deb did dye her hair to match Lexi's ROTF!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
WeHeartLabs said:
PS I wish Clairol made Lexi's color in a box ::) It even has natural highlights in it.
THat's so funny, it would be called "Lexi Brown"!!!
Deb, you have a great dog and she is lucky to have gotten you too.
Happy Gotcha Day Lexi, see you soon!

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
What a great idea. I think I'll borrow it from you when Sam's day comes along. Does she get a doggie cake or special dinner?

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Lexi! What a beautiful lucky girl she is to have found a good forever home.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Happy gotcha day lexi!!!

since it"s your day i might be inclined to share my life savers :p

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Lexi!

We hope to see you again at Susan's pool party!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WeHeartLabs said:
Too funny Susan! You should see her now. With me working from home, she is outside a lot more than before & she has gotten a good deal lighter than the last time you saw her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts