Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 9th is Cappy's tenth birthday. Rather than post a typical photo montage from his puppy hood through the present day ... or a song or poem dedicated to a wonderful Labrador Retriever, I'd just like to say ...

You are the best friend I've ever had, Cappy. Your love and devotion has sustained me through difficult times, health challenges and on into my senior years. I owe the vitality that remains in these old bones to having shared life with you these past ten years. I thank God for the time we've had and for whatever additional days He may grant us together.

I also want to thank you for being the best little brother in the world to Duke who passed in 2003. And also for being the best big brother to Remi who has no idea just how lucky she is to have you.

It is sometimes said how foolish we people are who humanize our dogs. That's the opinion of unfortunate people who've never experienced the joy of a relationship with a dog like you, and loving one almost as much as it loves you. If only I could have been half the person that you think I am. In fact, I wish I could have been as good a person through my lifetime as you have been through yours! Happy birthday big fella, here's wishing you many more.

9 years ago when you were still Duke's little Brother ...

Four years ago with Remi when she was only 10 weeks old ...

And four years later ...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Happy birthday Handsome Man!!!! Zeb, the other Janaury 9 birthday boy, salutes you!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I hope you have many, many more years, Cappy.
All the love... all the love! It's an important birthday sweetheart!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Happy Birthday you handsome devil.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Happy Birthday Cappy. Very nice post Jim.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
You have such a special relationship and bond with your dogs, it makes me teary eyed. Happy Birthday Cappy! And I hope you have many, many more. :-*

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Happy Birthday, Cappy !!!!! !!!!!

You are one lucky dog to have the Dad you have, as he is to have you. I know he knows it, and bet that you do too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts