Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was not good news but not really bad news either.

The bloodwork shows some high liver values and that could be causing him to have seizures. The first thing we are trying is a diet change to low protein. We will see what his seizures do on that for a week and then re-evaluate him. I still have the option to medicate him if needed, but those drugs are hard on the liver, so that is why we are trying the food alone first.

It gives me some hope that on the days he has not been fed, he has not seized at all. Today he did not eat because of bloodwork and because I had to find a place to buy his special food. He has just eaten about 5 minutes ago. There have been no seizures yet today.

Other than that, he is in good shape for his age. He is a happy dog just looking for some help. I am willing to try all I can as long as he is not in discomfort.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Continued good thoughts and prayers for Hank...I sure hope this can be dealt with thru his diet alone..that would be great.

I bet he is full of love and he certainly deserves it after what he has been thru.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed that the change in diet will be all the treatment he needs to stop his seizures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts