Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in pretty decent shape, but I'd like to tone my arms since they never get "excercise". I thought about buying some hand held weights and use them around the house while I'm not doing anything. Does anyone else use these? What size weights do you use?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I use them a lot. I have from 2lbs. up to 15lbs. I also have weighted gloves and 5lb ankle weights. Depends on what I'm doing to decide which weight to use.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I have 5, 8 and 10 pounds. Look for the ones with the neoprene for easier gripping.

Basic rule of thumb is if you can do 2 sets of 15 reps of your exercise? Up your weight to the next weight and do less reps.

Let me know if you need some exercises.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what they are, I'll have to look 'em up.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well duh! Of course I know what a resistance band is, I thought it was something you used WITH the weights. Derrrrr me! LOL

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Amy, wait for the garage sale and yard sale season to start. It seems like everyone with a New Year's resolution puts them up for sale come spring. .......or the first time they trip over the dang things!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
We have a full set (5 - 50 lbs.). I only use the 5's, 10's, and 15's. I use low weight and do lots of reps.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good idea, Tom!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts