Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to make it or have a recipe? I have some little square rye breads leftover from the party Saturday and ham salad would be delicious on them. I'd like to have that for supper. Yum! Oh, and I don't want to go to the store. I have some ham at home. It can't be that hard.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Personally - same as tuna or chicken salad with the addition of relish...and ground finer. HOPE that helps some!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I don't know how it would be with rye bread, but there is a recipe for ham rolls (I think that's what it's called)...it's a mustard and butter blend that you put on top or inside your bread and let it melt in the oven...OMG....SO GOOD!!!!!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Not ham salad, but the old Isaly's "ham salad" was actually a blend of ham and bologna. Officially it was called "sandwich spread" since it wasn't 1900% ham.

We used baked ham, cooked ham and jumbo bologna, fine ground. Add sweet relish. Add mayo/salad dressing, enough to make "wet" but not soupy. We top dressed with diced pimento/red pepper. You may need to add more mayo the next day, as it does absorb a bit of it.

Now I'm hungry...

Lucy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts