Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waxing my legs myself for a year using NADS. surely there is something better...anyone have great success with hair removal kits? Give me your ideas...for legs!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I shave my armpits & legs. Bikini area is left to the pros. I would not wax my own pits or legs, but that's just me. I'm afraid of hurting myself.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Okay Theresa....you're afraid of hurting yourself but you have your bikini area waxed???

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I use nair on my legs and shave my bikini area and armpits. If your skin can tolerate it, a depilatory would be a lot easier than waxing. But I have very little hair on my legs, and what I do have is blonde.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I shave my underarms & bikini area. Too chicken have either of those areas waxed.

Legs, I use an Epilady. Love not having to shave, especially in the summer.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I shave my legs, trim the bikini area. I only have about 3 hairs in each pit, so they get shaved every couple of months.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've tried Nair before, but it gave me a rash...is this normal. It did go away after a day. 'course it has been years ago, maybe they have changed the formula.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I just shave. If I had the extra money to spend, I'd totally get waxed. Well worth the pain, and you really do get used to it.

I have used Nair in the past, but I can only use it once in a very great while - it does irritate my skin. Then again my skin is sensitive enough that I can't even shave that often or I get those lovely little red bumpies all over. :mad:

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
My arm pits are too sensitive to nair there. I even tried the extreme edges of the bikini area--big mistake!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
How bad does it hurt on your pits???

I've thought about using it there, but the thought of that much pain has caused me to rethink that.
not too bad as long as you don't let the hair get too long between epilations(or whatever you would call it, lol.) it lasts much longer than shaving and your skin stays much softer than if you shave.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i use the venus breeze with the built in shave gel around the blades. it helps me shave my legs and underarms faster with fewer nicks. i use it on my bikini area too.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
shave pits and legs...

brazilian wax *down there* when I can... which is admittedly not often enough so mostly I just trim :(

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I use wax strips (with the wax already on them) for my upper lip (what can I say, I have relatively dark skin and dark brown hair). I either pluck my own eyebrows or have them waxed by a pro. I shave everything else, but once in a while I'll let my husband do that. ;)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I just shave. The only thing I have done is my eyebrows. I did wax them myself at one time, I decided long ago it's worth it to pay someone.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I just started at Xmas time doing my own waxing- legs and bikini. Granted, I've bruised myself once or twice, but oh well, par for the course. I got brave last month and waxed my own pits. I may or may not try it myself again this month LOL But I use Parissa wax kits with the washable cloths. so far, so good.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I did laser hair removal for the pits.. so that's taken care of.. shave legs/bikini area.

I couldn't do self-inflicted pain.. but man i'd love to go a month w/o shaving the legs, i have to say.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts