Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the pits. i can hardly do anything and i have more pain than i counted on. wanted to let you know that even if i don't post for birthdays, prayers, etc. i am thinking and praying for those in need. jake and jazzy have been great. they are always by my side.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Oh Linda... I feel for you. It will get better soon, just give yourself lots of time. Spoil yourself a little bit and if youre in pain call and get better meds!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Sorry to hear you are in such pain, maybe if you focus on those labby kisses it won't feel so bad? Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Get well soon.. I know my neighbor had some bad pain for about a week and then it got alot better.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hope you're feeling better soon, Linda. :angel:

·
Registered
680 Posts
My mom had open heart surgery and she really didn't feel like getting out of bed for over a week! Give yourself time and everything will be OK.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Sorry your in pain Linda I hope it gets better soon. Was it your rotator cuff? My neighbor just had her 3rd surgery on hers this time they gave her a sling with a foam cusion that kind of imobilized your arm in the right position she said it helped so much more than the others. Did you get something like that? If not maybe ask for one. From what I've learned from her and one of SU's aunts that just had the same procedure it's a long road to recovery but totally worth it. PT is really important too so be good and do it.
((((hugs)))) I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was it your rotator cuff?
yes, they removed the end of my shoulder bone because of arthritis, removed some bone spurs one which was hooked shaped, drilled holes in the bone to put anchors in and then attached the tendon to the bone via the anchors. i think i'm depressed since it is so hard to do anything. it is my dominate arm. i have my arm in a sling and won't start pt for another week. they don't want the tendon to pull loose. thanks for all the good thoughts. maybe now with the weather getting nicer i can go sit in the sunshine and that will help.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
WOW that IS a surgery, whew. Hope you get to feeling better soon, good thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I'm sorry you're hurting, Linda. Lots of good thoughts for recovery. Maybe you can at least get some walks in the sunshine if and when you have some.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Complain to your doctor and maybe they will give you better meds for the pain. Enjoy the nice weather and good company - Jazzy and Jake. Get well soon.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
That does sound like a painful surgery. I hope you can sit out in the sun and read some books, and that makes you feel a little better. Sending good thoughts for a quick recovery.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts