Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's always making fun of me because I keep saying how tall he is. He's only 15.1 but that's tall for me.

So she goes to get on his back and she groans. "He doesn't look that much taller than Gracie when they're in the paddock."

Ha!

She's 2 inches shorter than I am (she says she's 5'5" but I tower over her at 5'7" so who knows) and can't get her foot up in the stirrup. I try to wipe the grin off my face before she sees it. I don't think I succeeded.

She leads him over to the mounting block and still struggles to get her foot in the stirrup.

"Gosh, he's bigger than he looks."

Smirk.

She's grunting as she gets on his back. Then she looks down. "Wow, he's taller than I thought he was."

Real big smirk.

She worked him in the round pen, doing circles and making him bend to her leg pressure. I recently put a new bit in his mouth and we're working him on it trying to fill in the holes in his training.

If you remember, he AND Gracie were buttheads on the road last Friday after a really nice ride on Thursday. So both have been put in the round pen and worked hard.

She wanted to see if she could work with him when I wasn't there and she found out he's taller than Gracie.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
haha!!

I would need stairs to climb up on Toby! I'm only 5'3 so 15.1 hands is like a giant to me.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Wipe that grin off your face, Laura! ;)

Boy, Bonnie would have freaked trying to mount my gelding - he was 16.2. I think there was some draft horse in him somewhere.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd need a crane for anything bigger than Toby. lol Thank goodness for mounting blocks. I'd be spectating without them.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Ha, you would need a stepladder to ride my former horse! He was well over 16 hands.
Here is my daughter with him the day we got him. And she is 5'6"

Scared me senseless the first time I rode him--he was the biggest horse I'd ever ridden!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I was at the Horse Expo they had a horse there, Hanoverian I think, and it was like 18.2. My gosh that horse was HUGE!!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Ha, you would need a stepladder to ride my former horse! He was well over 16 hands.
Here is my daughter with him the day we got him. And she is 5'6"

Scared me senseless the first time I rode him--he was the biggest horse I'd ever ridden!
What a beauty! I'm 6'1" so he'd have been perfect for me. :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
When I was at the Horse Expo they had a horse there, Hanoverian I think, and it was like 18.2. My gosh that horse was HUGE!!!
****! :eek: The biggest horses I have ever seen personally are the Clydesdales. I got to sit on one, and my legs felt like I was a wishbone. I could sit Indian-style on his back!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts