Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew when I got Guthrie I had gotten a "special" dog. Those that know me, know what I am talking about. I never expected something like this though.

On Tuesday night I begain to have pain over my left eye. I thought it was just an overtired headache(still feeling the jet lag effects from my Ireland trip). When I woke on Wednesday the headache was still there. I used tylenol, motrin, alleve. Nothing worked.

Finally on Friday I when to see my doctor who ordered a migraine medication Trilapex.. I took it Friday night twice and it did nothing. Headache all day again on Saturday. Sunday afternoon the pain was bad so I went inside to lay down. I grabbed a pillow and laid on the family room floor. Guthrie came over and laid down beside me with his warm fuzzy body pressed against the bad side of my head. When I woke up an hour later the pain was GONE. The first time in 5 days I was pain free!!

Guthrie is my hero!!!

Now I just need to see if I still need to get the MRI/MRA that the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Good boy, Guthrie! My daughter and I were just talking about him yesterday about the time when had those hives...poor boy.
Any new pics of your man? He's so cute.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Awwww, they are special in so many ways!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Aren't they amazing?!
Now I just need to see if I still need to get the MRI/MRA that the doctor ordered.
Yes, you better! A 5-day headache isn't something to mess around with.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Awww!! What a sweet boy you are Guthrie. So glad you looked after your Mummy. Take care Megan and hope all is fine with your tests.
Chrissie and Ben

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
You take care of yourself, Megan! We want to hear the MRI results. Ok? :)

Good, good boy Guthrie. Taking care of Momma when she is sick. They really are special, aren't they?

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Guthrie really is a special boy. I am glad to hear he was able to make you feel better. (now get that MRI).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts