Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I tell you I have no idea what he did I'm not kidding. The 3 dogs were in the backyard I was playing fetch with Gunny, with his Cuz. I threw it, he retrieved it I told all 3 of them to "go last pee"..I walked into my gameroom, went to the bathroom (which I rarely get to do without Gunny he's always next to me), came out of the bathroom and I saw blood on his front legs. I cleaned up his legs, couldn't find anything and noticed his mouth was bleeing. There was so much blood, but I know the mouth bleeds freely so I didn't panic. I thought his left lower canine looked slightly off, iced it and gave him some aspirin. Bleeding stopped, he went to sleep.

Made a vet appointment first thing this AM. He wouldn't even let me come near his mouth. He accidently bumped it on the way to the car and screamed so loud I started to cry. My vet sedated him and sure enough his lower jaw is fractured. It's a uncommon place, most are down the middle. This is from the tooth next to his lower canine to his canine, almost in a C..like he knocked that part of his jaw off.

Long story short he'll, spend the night at the vet and be operated on in the AM. My vet said when a dog comes in with a strange off the wall injury it's normally a lab.

B

·
0 Posts
OH NO! Poor Gunny. I hope he feels better soon. Poor baby...just hearing that makes me cringe. I can't imagine how scary that was for you.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG Deneen! Poor baby! :'(

Prayers for a quick recovery.

Z

·
0 Posts
Oh no Deneen, poor boy. I have tears in my eyes, I cant believe he broke his jaw. Give him lots of kisses from the Coleman clan and please keep us posted on his recovery.

Hugs to all of you...

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
OMG! Poor Gunny. I just can't imagine what he could have done! ??? I hope he's not in pain for too long. Deneen, do you know what they're going to do during the surgery?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Oh no.. I wonder how that happened. Poor Gunny... He will be in my thoughts and prayers for a sucessful surgery and quick recovery.

Eric

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry. That is scary! How in the WORLD could he have done such a thing?????

Best healing thoughts!!!!!!!!!!

Frances

1 - 20 of 72 Posts