Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't get the donation page to work. :(

G

·
when our dog, buck, passed away, my son made a video of him with that song. oh boy, are the tears flowing here... :'(

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no Joann. :'( I'm sorry!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I can be strong and hold back tears for people - but not for animals. What a sissy I am.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I signed up for this in December..I think it's 18.00 per month..and you can cancel at any time. It's the least I can do for these animals.
Jackie

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, I am a glutton for punishment. I can't stop watching it. That brown dog with the black face is tearing me up.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Ohh Gawd... We have "the pet network" and "animal planet" and they play that all the time... soo brutal, gets me everytime!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I turn the commercial off every time it comes on I cannot watch it but I refuse to give to the ASPCA now. I use to give to them monthly even though they are not in AZ. When I called there poison control when Cinnamon got a hold of mom's pain med bottle and they would answer a simple question for me until I went and got a credit card to pay them $50 bucks that ended it for me. Finding my purse at that time was the last thing on my mind. I knew the most Cinnamon got was 2 Tylenol 3 with codeine and I just wanted to know if it could be fatal to a 50 pound dog and should I make her vomit as she had just got them less than 5 minutes before. Not everyone has a credit card but that doesn't make their animals less important. I can understand they charge for working with a vet on poisoning case but this was question they wouldn't have even had to look into a computer for. I have since found out at her size the minimum would have been 7 pills before it was fatal and yes I was right in making her vomit.

I ended up calling the human poison control operated by my employer and they called ASPCA when I gave them the number and they answered it in less than 30 seconds and that included some chit chat.

I would have called them back when I had the situation better in hand and made more than a $50 donation but they wanted money up front.

I just increased my donation to the Humane Society here in Phoenix.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts