Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my Reggie. :D

He had some x-rays at my local vet today to rule out anything obvious in relation to his backleg mobility problems. I talked to the Vet and she said she just had to show me his x-rays and said that she couldn't believe he was 13. Not that I know x-rays but they looked pretty good. Spine looked good too. No obvious tumors and only slight signs of arthritis so they are not the cause. So it's good news - bad news in a sense, since we still don't know what's going on. So it's on to the orthovet.

Reggie also inaugurated his new (sort of) ramp for getting into the car. He did pretty well with it. I found it on Craig's list so saved a bit of change on it.

He also got Rave Reviews from the techs and the Vet, after his all day stay. Apparently he did not need to be sedated for his x-rays and was a very good boy for them. :D You Rock Reggie!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Awwww, go Reggie!!!!! I'm in the process of getting a ramp, I hope our transition with it goes as well as yours (I have a stubborn, boneheaded yellow who is VERY independent and thinks he's still a puppy:mad:)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Great news!! Glad he's getting the hang of the ramp too!

Who is that extra pretty face in your sig picture?! Did you get a new family member and I missed it?

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm busted for non-equal pack picture posting. That's my non-Labby dog Blackie. She's the dog that I've had the longest (by a half year).

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
She's a pretty girl! (And the boys are handsome too of course ;) )

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So for one of his X-rays, Reggie had to be on his back. Obviously not a position that a dog would be happy and be still for. Reggie wanted to right himself. So they had to think a minute or two because they wanted to try and avoid sedating him at all and then they remembered the stand that they have for doing Penn Hip photos. It is like a foam cradle with very high sides. Reggie fit right in it and as soon as he was in there and felt totally secure, he just stopped trying to turn and laid back and relaxed. I would have given anything to see a picture of Reggie with landing gear up.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts