Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sally and I are signed up for a Field Training Seminar. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. There's a training kennel in our area that I think is just top notch. They are offering a Basic and an Advanced Field Training Seminar, so I signed Sally up for the Basic Seminar. I know absolutely nothing about field work, so it will be a great learning experience for me as well.

We'll learn the basics of birds, guns, single marks, basic field obedience, and all the hunt test rules/regulations. It's a working seminar, so Sally will be working. She will absolutely LOVE this! She's such a natural retriever and picks up on retrieving commands so well.

My only concern is the gun thing. She's quite skiddish with loud noises, so we'll see.

I'm excited!! :D :D :D :D

Hubby is going to be the photographer for the seminar, so I should have some great pics afterward.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Hopefully she will begin to associate the sound of the gun firing with a GOOD time!

Have fun this weekend and make sure to report back in on how it went! I want to do the same thing some day.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
That sounds so fun! Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Cool! Hope you both have a great time, can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ooo, looking forward to some great pics! (Can you include one or two of Hoppy too?!)

Thanks!

Bev.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ooo, looking forward to some great pics! (Can you include one or two of Hoppy too?!)

Thanks!

Bev.
Sorry, Hoppy and Spud will spend each of the three days (Sat, Sun, Mon) at daycare. Spud could possibly do something like this if we worked and worked with him. (He's just a play fetcher, not a real retriever.)

Hoppy, on the other hand, would be lost a a golf ball in high weeds! :p But everyone sure would love him! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts