Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are moving. In June.

I've heard it before, but it would make sense: They moved here in July a couple of years ago.

So...now I'm not sure if I'm happy, or worried about what will be next.

I'm pretty sure the place is trashed. She told me about a ceiling that is falling in because of a leaking toilet the landlord won't fix. I can see inside the finished basement when they open the door, and it's not pretty. They also have a mold problem that I don't think was ever resolved. :( I can only imagine who would agree to move in. :eek:

Anyone know how to torch a house and not get caught? :D That's probably something I could google, eh?

I will miss my sweet little garden helper. She is a VERY good girl. Do you know that she helped me ALL DAY today...from about 7 till about 3. And would not take no for an answer. I told her she could just sit and keep me company, but she was dead set on helping. And she was good at it too. Not like you would imagine a little kid would be...harem scarem digging everything up or cutting everything down. No, she was very careful and selective, and when she wasn't sure, she would ask what to do about something.

She said she used to help her Grandma garden. :angel: I guess that's where she learned.

I miss our neighbors who used to live there. :( They were funny. Quirky. They didn't exactly keep the house in great shape either, and they had an SS Minnow parked on the street. The guy drove a bright purple car with a huge Batman sticker in the rear window. :D He converted the finished basement into a Batman room. They cracked me up! But, they were friendly and nice. She always came over to talk to me while I was gardening. We went to their wedding reception at the house right after they moved in. They had a dog who looked a lot like Crash. They were funny, funny.

They knew they were going to take a beating on the house when they sold it. It was on the market FOR-EV-ER. One night they came over and told us it was going to have to go for practically nothing, and asked if we wanted to buy it. Just so we could have some control over it. Sigh. How many times I have kicked myself for not doing it.

The neighbors we had before them were awesome too. We talked to them a lot. A couple from Arizona with a young adult daughter and her two children who lived with them. I remember once when we had a tornado watch they came over to get me and Crash (Kevin was not home) to come and sit in their basement until it was done.

These neighbors are SO CLOSE to us, I just want someone good over there. There is only about 10-12 feet of space between our walls. We have some breathing room on the other side, but our house was sort of sandwiched in as an afterthought, and on this side it is SO close. :(

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
:(

awww that's a bummer Connie. I really hope you get some nice neighbors. Being connected to mine (in a town house) I know the feeling.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Well, here's hoping you get lucky and the landlord sells to one of those contractors that gut-fix-and-flip houses. :( (and a little prayer that the garden helper's family moves to more sanitary and safe digs!)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, here's hoping you get lucky and the landlord sells to one of those contractors that gut-fix-and-flip houses.
I am really, really hoping for this. The house would be a great candidate for that. It is in between two very well kept houses. ;) The guy on the other side of them bought that house a few years ago (it had fallen into a terrible state of disrepair as well) and he's got it looking spankin' good. Ours are the only three houses on this side of the street.

This neighborhood was so neat when we moved in. We had a Neighborhood Watch going, we knew everyone, everyone cared about their houses and yards. Now it seems we have more and more houses going as rentals.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Gosh, I feel for you. Maybe a nice young family without much money but lots of enthusiasm and energy will buy it and "do it up".

I am still slowly working through our rental property that was vandalised by the last tenants six months ago :( I felt so sorry for the neighbours who had to put up with all the anti-social behaviour, police visits, noise etc but the tenants are well protected by the law that it was quite a lengthy process to get them out!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts