Discussion Starter #1
1) Three layers of pants
2) Two pairs of socks
3) Two shirts, to which I will add a heavy sweater
4) Hat
5) Gloves
6) Neck gator
7) Field coat

Why, you may ask, am I dressed for an Antarctic expedition? Because Simon has agility class this morning. We have relapsed back to winter, and it's like twenty-something degrees outside.

:eek:

I would totally skip this class, but he missed the first two: One because we were showing, the other because I wasn't feeling well. :-\ So I'm going to have to suck it up and go. :p

Wish us luck! This is his first time back in agility since last fall. We are in the intermediate class now...putting together sequences of obstacles. Simon is going to have a blast. I'm going to freeze my patooties off. That's love. ;)

UPDATE: We're back! And yes, my patooties are now frozen. :eek: But we had SO much fun! Man, Simon was SUPER jazzed. ULTRA jazzed. He absolutely loves agility. Too much sometimes. I was dealing with the high-pitched excited bark and vertical leaps for the first half hour.

He was really great today though. He's wonderful when he has something to do. It's the sitting and waiting that gets to him. We did a sequence of four jumps, and he cracked the class up, leaping about a foot and a half higher than he needed to. :D SUPER jazzed, I'm telling you!

We also did a sequence of seven obstacles! Wow, never did that many together before! It was dog walk, tunnel, tire, jump, table, A-Frame, and the dreaded teeter. We took it very slow on the dog walk and teeter, but he did the others very well, and stayed right on track! Good boy!

Pat, I'm in TN, so we're having the ridiculous weather here too. It was in the 80's last week, so all the tulips came up, the irises bloomed. ::) You can tell the gardeners when you drive around neighborhoods...everyone has sheets over their flower beds. It looks like Halloween. :D Angus went out for his walk this morning and saw the sheets on the bed...I could hear him flipping out from inside. :D

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Re: Guess what I am wearing?

;D ;D ;D I can sympathize (especially from my computer in my warm house ;) ) It is in the 20's here too - last night we had a beautiful snowfall. Last week it was in the 80's!!! I forget - where do you live? Hope you don't freeze out there - is it windy too ?

·
Registered
12,420 Posts

Brrrrr it's cold here too. Snowed last night, and it's sticking :eek:. No wonder everyone is getting sick. 70-80 degree weather one week, 20-30's the next. Poor little frogs and toads that were out too early. :-[ Hope you manage to keep warm and don't freeze.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

Good luck! I can't imagine the weather some of you are having. We're off to the beach in several minutes. :p

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Ugh, Connie, it's in the 20s here, too. Imagine- the 20s in April in MO!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

Yep, that's love...I dunno if I could be out in the cold like that. :-\

1 - 8 of 8 Posts