Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the new foster dog of a friend of mine.

The shelter had her as a Corgi/Spaniel mix. She is 32 lbs and long, looks like she should be a medium sized dog whose legs were cut off at the knee (the vet said she looks like she was made from spare parts). She has long, fluffy black fur with a little white on her chest and nose.

She looks really interesting to me.. I can see where they might think Corgi/Spaniel but it seems like there's something else in there, too.

What do you think?!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I´d say she´s "naturally selected" i.e. a true mutt whose parents and lineage have always been mutts.

There´s a huge stray close to home that looks like a giant pharaoh hound (short haired, orange colored, prickle ears, thin structure) but I´m sure he has no pharaoh blood in him since the breed is non-existent here in Mexico. He was just naturally selected...

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Believe it or not, I'm going to say Peke/Sheltie mix. Her body reminds me of a Peke/Norwegian Elkhound I met a few weeks ago. I thought for sure he was a Corgi/Pug mix (he looked like a fluffy Corgi with the tail and coloring of a fawn Pug). One thing is for sure- she's one adorable dog!

ETA- the dog I saw had known parents.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I'll say Corgi and Sheltie, something about that head screams sheltie to me.

What's her personality?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.