Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the new foster dog of a friend of mine.

The shelter had her as a Corgi/Spaniel mix. She is 32 lbs and long, looks like she should be a medium sized dog whose legs were cut off at the knee (the vet said she looks like she was made from spare parts). She has long, fluffy black fur with a little white on her chest and nose.

She looks really interesting to me.. I can see where they might think Corgi/Spaniel but it seems like there's something else in there, too.

What do you think?!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I'm really bad at this, but her coloring and face actually reminded me of my friends rescue who is Border Collie, lab mix. The legs defiantly say corgi! She is adorable

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
What a cutie!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
She is beautiful! I'll take her. :)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I´d say she´s "naturally selected" i.e. a true mutt whose parents and lineage have always been mutts.

There´s a huge stray close to home that looks like a giant pharaoh hound (short haired, orange colored, prickle ears, thin structure) but I´m sure he has no pharaoh blood in him since the breed is non-existent here in Mexico. He was just naturally selected...

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Believe it or not, I'm going to say Peke/Sheltie mix. Her body reminds me of a Peke/Norwegian Elkhound I met a few weeks ago. I thought for sure he was a Corgi/Pug mix (he looked like a fluffy Corgi with the tail and coloring of a fawn Pug). One thing is for sure- she's one adorable dog!

ETA- the dog I saw had known parents.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I'll say Corgi and Sheltie, something about that head screams sheltie to me.

What's her personality?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts