Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby out of town last night. A whole king size bed for one small person and two dogs and do you think I can get hardly more than a postage stamp to sleep on anyway? I look over and the other half of the bed is totally empty - I move to that side and they come with me :frusty::frusty::frusty:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Aw, I find that to be very sweet! :D

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush crowds me but Boo is a independent sleeper. If anything, you get her toenails in your side, back or where ever she can poke them. Your sweet boys just wanted to make sure you were safe, warm and got a good nights sleep.:pound:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I feel your pain. Since Bauer has been in the cone I have been sleeping in the family room with him (he was tearing up my woodwork/walls on the stairs and upstairs hallway with his lampshade). We have a couch, a love seat, and a chair with an ottoman. First night, everything went as planned: I slept on the couch, and Bauer on the chair/ottoman. That was the only night that went as planned. I woke up this morning curled onto one cushion of the couch with Bauer completely stretched out taking up the rest, his cone pressed firmly into my neck.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Sounds like my life. LOL

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Remi is a clinger. She HAS to be up against me. If I scoot over just slightly, she'll soon close that gap too. 5-6 scoots and I'm off the bed. Cappy is content to lay at the bottom of the bed but wants his rump touching my (or Carol's) feet. Once we all settle into our respective sleeping positions, it's usually good for the night. However, with age there often comes the associated middle of the night bathroom trips. When I return to bed, MY space is already occupied. When I tell them "MOVE OVER" i usually get assorted grunts, moans and deep sighs in return. The audacity of those two!

Now we have a new situation ... Rusty! Around 4 am each morning I let the dawgs out for their morning constitutional in the run. Rusty is still crated in the master bedroom. Afterwards, Rusty is allowed up onto the bed (with a lift) for another hour of rest with all of us before breakfast. He circles to find a good spot then flops down. Not once ... 10-12 times! He won't get comfortable until Carol finally says "LAY STILL YOU GUYS!" and that's followed by her assorted grunts, moans and deep sighs. That must be how the dawgs learned to to that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts