Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed Milly paying particular attention to her front right paw about a week ago after a very heavy rough play session with a friends dog in our yard. I told her leave it and she did and I just assumed that it was a seasonal thing as she did the same thing between winter and spring.

Anyway, fast forward 48 hours and she was doing it again. I checked and noticed a small sore attached to the inside of her front pad so I put a sock over her foot thinking she had just ripped it a little while playing 3 days beforehand.

Fast forward 4 more days and this 'growth' is exceptionally large compared to what it was before so I took Milly to the vet. The vet is unsure whether it's just infection from her licking it a few days ago, a splinter/grass seed/ingrown hair or other foreign object or an actual 'growth' it's not cyst-like as it's quite hard and a little red so she is on anti-biotics for infection. If it is still there in 10 days the vet thinks that it could be a foreign body so she'll get knocked out and they will cut it out.

Fingers crossed the anti-biotics fix her paw. Other than that.. thank goodness for pet insurance! :)

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it kind of rough feeling? Not too smooth? If it's kind of rough feeling, it might be a wart.. either that or an interdigital cyst.. normally those ones just 'pop' after a while. Icky!

Hope Milly's little growth goes away soon!!
It is rough - but a bit uncanny that it was directly after a serious butt-tuck rough play session which leads me to think it's an infection or something is imbedded in there that shouldn't be and related to her rough antics in the backyard.

She isn't limping or favouring that paw except for paying it alot more attention than normal. She does leave it when I tell her and she has the sock on majority of the day but runs around crazy puppy like even though it's there and doesn't seem phased at all.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Is it kind of rough feeling? Not too smooth? If it's kind of rough feeling, it might be a wart.. either that or an interdigital cyst.. normally those ones just 'pop' after a while. Icky!

Hope Milly's little growth goes away soon!!
You beat me to it...I just took Indy in for this on his back foot...he's on drops to the affected area and an antibiotic.... this one is pretty big as compared to his other one..and usually they pop...

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well we have been on the meds for 3 days and there is a definite improvement! Thanks for all your good wishes for Milly's paw recovery! Cheers Sarah

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
:)
Well we have been on the meds for 3 days and there is a definite improvement! Thanks for all your good wishes for Milly's paw recovery! Cheers Sarah
Glad she's doing better .... Indy's been on his antibiotics for about the same time now too...it seems less red, so..hopefully he's better too (although his never seemed to bother him, but he's an old guy and has all kinds of bumps)...

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh Milly doesn't care that she has a growth on her foot. it hasn't stopped her or slowed her down at all. I think it's a Lab thing ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.