Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking of full service gas stations do you have a grocery store that bags & carries your groceries to your car? We only have one here in this town that does. Family owned and I love it.

I can do all that myself but it's nice sometimes not to have too.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Our grocery stores all bag customers' groceries. most of us bring our own cloth bahs from home & place them on the conveyor before the food. No one carries groceries out, but we do have "parcel pick-up" where your groceries are placed in your vehicle when you drive into that lane in front of the store. Not all grocery stores have pick-up, but many do.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
They carry your groceries to your car?!?! No. I'm a healthy 41 year old, thank you very much. LOL! :D

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
All our places will bag the groceries (unless you are in a self serve line like at walmart). Most will take them out to your car, too. Publix in particular will have bag boys offer nearly every time.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The Publix stores here will bring groceries out to your car if you want them to. We wheel our own cart.

The grocery store near my grandparent's house has valet parking so they bring your car to you and load the groceries.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Most of the grocery stores in our city bag your groceries for you. And will carry out if you ask.

There are a few that do not bag your groceries. I avoid those like the plague. I find the pressure to bag my groceries fast enough to be too much. lol

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most all stores here will bag. I hate when the cashier/bagger thinks all the can goods needs to go in 1 plastic bag.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Most, if not all, stores here bag your groceries for you, and HEB always asks if you need help out to your car. Most other stores will load your car for you if you ask for help.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
We have both kinds, here, although the big local chain of bag and saves will be glad to help you if you need it. Saw them help a lady with three toddlers the last time I was there.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
My pet peeve is the people who fight over spaces closest to the store when there are tons of spaces just a few yards further away.
Not me, I park further away and grap one right by the cart corral, nobody thinks of that.:D

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Do you guys tip them when they take the bags out? At chains like Publix they are not supposed to accept tips. At the more local places some of the bag "boys" are more like older men. They get grouchy when you don't tip! We used to tip all the time when I was a little girl but I never tip now. I usually take my groceries out myself anyway.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
No - I have never had an offer of help to the car. That simply does not happen here at any of the grocery stores.

The cashiers do bag the groceries - badly most of the time. I do my own.

When my kids were babies I worked for a time as a cashier at a grocery store. I rock at bagging groceries. I actually had customers who would wait on line for my checkout when the others had no line.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I think all but one that I go to bag them for you. Two of them, if they bag your food, offer you take out service also. One of them actually has an area where you can drive your car up and load them by the door. Some give you the option to scan and bag yourself, which I always choose to do. I have a freezer and storage for bigger items, i.e Costco bought stuff, downstairs and re frig/ freezer and pantry upstairs, so its easier for me to bag, keeps me from having to haul things upstairs that dont need to go. So I guess we have pretty much every option;)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yep. We mostly shop at the Commissary. They have baggers that carry the groceries out to the car, and they only work for tips.

We also have Piggly Wiggly and Sunflower stores that will do the same.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We have Dillons which is part of Kroger and they will bag and take out to the car. We also have an independent grocer that we go to as much as possible. Great service. On the spot made bratwurst which is fantastic. They have a section just for local farmer and growers for items like veggies, honey, baked goods etc. A deli with the best fried chicken in the world. Where else can you go and see the 70+ yr old owner bagging your groceries, yacking away with you and then take your stuff to your car? Store is big enough they can keep their prices pretty close to the big Walmart a 1/2 mile away.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My biggest pet peave are the ones who think the FIRE LANE in front of the store is a good place to park. Don't care if it's a "right in right out" deal. Park and WALK like the rest of us!

You don't see this too often now but back in the late 70's and 80's with the advent of the Disabilities Act and handicapped parking spaces people parking in those spaces who are not disabled.
My dad (God rest his soul) was in a wheelchair most of his life due to injuries sustained during the Korean war. My dad would patrol parking lots in his van looking for violators. If he saw one he would park and get out of his van and then wait for the owner of the illegally parked car to return so he could "fill them in" that they were parked illegally. Way to go pops.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts