Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for plane tickets to go to Florida for vacation in April. Holy hell is it expensive! The checked bag fees are really irritating me too. I thought ok I have enough miles for 2 tickets. I have 54,000 miles. If I want to go and blow an entire day of vacation and travel from Detroit to HOUSTON to Orlando it's 25,000 per ticket. If I want a decent time to fly it's 40,000 miles per ticket, plus checked bags, whicg would be $150 roundtrip. Why should I stay loyal if my miles don't work for me?? Southwest is the cheapest but I got such a good deal last year it's hard for me to pay $350 more this year. :mad:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I stopped FF mile loyalties to one or two airlines awhile back. If an airlines has a deal,great, I go with it and pay. I don't care about the points as much. After losing 6 free flights when Independence Air bellied up I gave up. I still have plenty of airline miles with other carriers and if the urge to vacation away from the house strikes me, I might use them depending on where I go.

Hotel points are my latest craze. I'd rather have 5 nights free and an upgraded suite since it could be $1,000.00 off my vacation bill .

It's been a long time since my airfare,hotel and rental car was all paid for by points. I think it was in 2004.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts