Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking it doesn't but thought I'd ask - If I am cutting Rowan's food down I want to add some veggies to her diet. I have some frozen yellow beans here - are they okay to cook up and add to her food?? Or just let them thaw and add??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our Maddie LOVES fresh fruits and vegetables. She enjoys cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, lettuce, spinach and also apples and banana. Instead of giving her high calorie dog treats, we stick a three or four miniature carrots in a chew toy and she's perfectly happy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gracie loves fresh veggies/fruits too! Her all time favorites are red peppers and cucumbers! As soon as she hears the cutting board come out, she comes running! :) She also enjoys broccoli, cauliflower (only cooked, she won't either of those raw) tomatoes, green peppers, carrots (in a pinch! they are not her favorite) green beans, snap peas, apples, bananas, tangerines, grapefruit, watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & kiwi.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read in the Puppy and Dog Basics publication 'free' from my vets office - that broccoli is one of the foods that shouldn't be given to dogs. Can anyone explain why - it is listed with chocolate, grapes, raisins....???? I understand why those are mentioned but am confused about broccoli.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts