Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I saw Nance's post
I first thought it was about the pollen

its been so dry - the pollen is just nasty around here
this gives you an idea of how much pollen we have laying around right now
the count was 5900+ today :eek:
needless to say my windows are closed & the AC has been on so I can breath
too bad - cause the temps have been perfect sleeping weather

this table is getting cleaned off everyday and it get covered in less than 24hrs

these pics don't even show how much yellow/green pollen there really is..
I swept a pile off my laminate floor yesterday

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Sucks doesn't it? All the trees here are in bloom and I've had a nice coating of yellow pollen on my truck the last few mornings (though not as bad as what's in your pictures). The weather has been perfect for sleeping with the windows open, but I can't due to allergies. I hate running the A/C with this type of weather.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really hate running the AC too at this time of year.
without it - I can't breath

the breeze kicked up this afternoon
and all the pollen was flying out of the pine trees
down the street like it was a dust storm

I've been living on nyquil & hot tea

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
It's awful here, too. I'll have to take a pic of my car to show you guys--my blue car is literally green from the yellow pollen. They were showing a video on CNN today and it looked like it was snowing--except it was pollen falling to the ground! :eek:

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I used to have to take allergy shots as a kid because I was allergic to something from every season (mold, dust, pollen, etc.). They worked pretty well, but I still have problems this time of year.

They say with the warmer winters we're having that it makes it worse - all the trees dump their pollen all at once instead of gradually.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I know they've said the lack of rain is really making it worse, too. I have some mild symptoms but Denny is really suffering. I feel really bad for all you allergy sufferers.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
My eyes have been killing me all day. I rinsed my car off last night and it was covered by the time I got up this morning. Dang trees having sex day and night!! LOL

The wind blew the bradford pears and it looked like it had snowed in the yard. It feels so nice outside tonight, but no way am I opening those windows and letting that junk come inside!!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
*holds up a bottle of allegra D and some tissues* anyone want some? i haven't taken my allegra yet but i'm gonna have to break down because between allergies and asthma i might suffocate

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Oh yeah, it's that bad here too (Alabama). I spent all last week terribly sick from allergies. I even missed a day of work (first time in 4 1/2 years with the company). It is supposed to rain here Saturday night/ Sunday - I sure hope it does.

To give some perspective on the 5950+ count you mentioned: I saw a chart on the weather channel yeseterday regarding this count: a "very high" count is 121+ !!!! I don't know WHAT that makes 5950+ except miserable!!!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
It is near record breaking conditions. I am in AL too....and in a valley no less. Ugh.

Here is the back of my car...the pics I took just don't do it justice.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Champs Mom said:
Wow! Thats alot of pollen!! You guys need some rain bad!
Thing is, we're getting rain and it's still like that. We get about a 1 day reprieve after a shower, but with temperatures as warm as they've been just about every tree is flowering right now. It rained the other day, but my truck turned yellow overnight. Surely these trees are running out of pollen. While annoying, their stamina is admirable.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
It's been TERRIBLE here in SC!! This is the worst I've ever seen it.

The other day it was windy, and I seriously saw big pollen clouds blowing around. All of the sidewalks and roads here are yellow-tinged and the cars look awful.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Yuck.

We don't have that problem here. I don't think I've ever seen it that bad before.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Here's one of the articles I was reading. It was talking about how plants are producing more pollen and there poison ivy is getting more "poisonous." I can anecdotally support both...my allergies are getting more severe and I used to never have a reaction to poison ivy, but last summer I had a horrible reaction. The doctor said he's never seen so many cases in one summer before (and this was one of those 80 year-old questionable MDs at the Minor Emergency Center, so you know he's seen his share of patients).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198539,00.html
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/051122_allergy_rise.html

And I thought this was interesting - Worst places to live w/ allergies:
http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/25/cx_sy_0526featslide.html?partner=msnbc

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I was just watching this on the news the other night, and thinking I felt so bad for all of you guys who suffer from allergies, but so glad our allergy season hasn't started yet really. They were saying they haven't seen it this bad ever.

[email protected] the message on your car Allie! Too funny!!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bahaha - Allie my truck looks like that

nick that worst place to live link hasn't visited ATL or north GA I guess

I've been taking at least 2 showers a day and soaked my head under the hose yesterday cause I made the mistake of running the lawn mower :/

after this lets up
I think I'm going to hose down the inside of my house

I'll be doing a happy dance if it rains this Sunday

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I dare you to go roll around in it...and then run your fingers across your truck and put it in your eye. :p

I did see another list, and it had ATL at the top. I guess there's some controversy on who has the worst allergies.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts