Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use Oribe haircare?

http://www.oribe.com/

My salon just started carrying this exclusive line, and my stylist used it on my yesterday when I went for a cut. Oooooohhhhh My! Smells amazing, and the entire line smells the same, so no matter what you use, the scents aren't competing. My hair feels glorious and looks amazing (well, it did yesterday, before I slept on it & then ran 5 k :eek:)

They are nothing spectacular ingredient-wise, really. But the formulas are great and now, *sigh*... I want it.

I am not buying though, I have more than enough, but it will be on my birthday hint list, which is usually made up of things I won't ever buy for myself but would like to have.

I did get "samples" though. Oribe does not actually make sample sizes, but my stylist decanted a little for me to bring home. Shhhhhhh. He said if you pay that much, you need to use it a few times to be sure you love it. I agree.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'd make sure you love it as much when you use it, as you did when the salon does. I find i can never get my hair as soft and shiny as they do at the salon.. but if i had the ability to walk a 360 around my head while blow drying it, i could probably do it, too.

=)

My point is.. it's not all shampoo.. sometimes it's technique.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's why I need to have it at home for a bit. I do not blow dry, so it needs to work well for airdrying as well. That is my issue. Almost anything is fine if you are blowdrying & flatironing it to submission, but it takes the right formulations to work well on hair that isn't loaded in product & left to airdry.

This is why I am a sample-size girl. =)

Christopher is the king of the blowout, so I do realize much of my spectacular hair day was due to his talents. It is nice & light, yet mosturizing though... a tricky combo. Many things I try are either too light & not moisturizing enough, or too heavy weigh my waves down. Precious little is in my regular rotation. We'll see how these *samples* pan out after a few washes at home.

I should have taken a picture, it was a very good hair day.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I'm a sucker for hair care products. My stylists knows I'll buy anything once. I was buying the Peurology line, but it's expensive. Last time I went I bought something "green" eco friendly stuff called Love, Peace, something or other. It was cheaper and smelled sooooo good. Cranberry Orange Mint. I could drink it from the bottle.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm a sucker for hair care products. My stylists knows I'll buy anything once. I was buying the Peurology line, but it's expensive. Last time I went I bought something "green" eco friendly stuff called Love, Peace, something or other. It was cheaper and smelled sooooo good. Cranberry Orange Mint. I could drink it from the bottle.
The Pureology "Hydrate" line is in my current rotation. I really like Pureology. I also rotate with Bumble & Bumble Gentle shampoo & Super Rich condish, and I love the Creme de Coco masque. I used to like Frederic Fekkai, but Proctor & Gamble took it over, so I am sure the formulas will change, which is too bad, because I really like his Technician line. Who knows, perhaps P&G will make them even better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts