Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maddy told me that she wants Abercrombie for school in the fall. It's a good thing she's giving me a heads up. She really needs to hit up her sugar daddy on this one. :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,679 Posts
ruh-roh!!

do you have an outlet anywhere near you? or how about a hollister...same company, mostly the same clothes just a different logo (haha)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,144 Posts
Oh man (behold the future... :-\) we have two outlet malls here, but neither have Abercrombie. My poor DH is going to have a break down when DD is able to start asking for specific brands...she already gives us a hard time with picking out clothes. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,781 Posts
I love abercrombie.. get all of mine on ebay =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,636 Posts
also check to see if there is a good resale shop. I learned about these when my daughter went to college.
They are all the rage with the college kids. The college kids buy and sell all their clothes there. Some of them are even name brand specific and the items must be in mint condition or they don't even take them to resale. My 11 year old is starting to want Hollister and Abercrombie stuff. Thankfully his older brother is able to handme so things down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
When a new mall opened in Lincoln one time we went there to eat, Rita and the kids went one way after supper, I went the other, found nothin' worth lookin' at till I seen an Aberrrombie and Fitch store, I almost ran into it only to discover that they were no longer the outdoor outfitter of fame and legand, Teddy Roosevelt would have not found a danged thing for his African Safari like he did in 1910 and they didn't have one danged canvas bath tob like Hawkeye and BJ ordered on MASH, yep found out they changed a bit and I did run out. ;D

BTW a friend made a U-Turn in Topeka Kansas on a main street when he saw a sign, got the same durn shock I did. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kelli said:
I love abercrombie.. get all of mine on ebay =)
you read my mind. Already there. :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Our school system is thinking about going to uniforms. That would take care of any clothing issues...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,664 Posts
delmonico said:
......only to discover that they were no longer the outdoor outfitter of fame and legand, Teddy Roosevelt would have not found a danged thing for his African Safari like he did in 1910 and they didn't have one danged canvas bath tob like Hawkeye and BJ ordered on MASH, yep found out they changed a bit and I did run out.
It's a bit of a shock ain't it! I'm not sure when A & F made the transition,but it's been quite a few years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
labs4life said:
delmonico said:
......only to discover that they were no longer the outdoor outfitter of fame and legand, Teddy Roosevelt would have not found a danged thing for his African Safari like he did in 1910 and they didn't have one danged canvas bath tob like Hawkeye and BJ ordered on MASH, yep found out they changed a bit and I did run out.
It's a bit of a shock ain't it! I'm not sure when A & F made the transition,but it's been quite a few years.
I haven't got an LL Bean catalog in years, but someone told me they are headed down the same path, must be Cabelas and Gander Mountian's fault, but durn, they don't have the quality of stuff the other two did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
I'm haunting eBay for the very same thing. Love brand names, hate brand name prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
what a lucky kid....when I was young I got what I got...end of story. dont like it? then dont wear anything.


Now that I'm older I do shop there lol, and men's wearhouse from time to time as well as Express for men.


btw that salsa looks dayum good! I'm going to make some this weekend

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,170 Posts
delmonico said:
labs4life said:
delmonico said:
......only to discover that they were no longer the outdoor outfitter of fame and legand, Teddy Roosevelt would have not found a danged thing for his African Safari like he did in 1910 and they didn't have one danged canvas bath tob like Hawkeye and BJ ordered on MASH, yep found out they changed a bit and I did run out.
It's a bit of a shock ain't it! I'm not sure when A & F made the transition,but it's been quite a few years.
I haven't got an LL Bean catalog in years, but someone told me they are headed down the same path, must be Cabelas and Gander Mountian's fault, but durn, they don't have the quality of stuff the other two did.
We used to have a real A&F store here in Vancouver. Must be 20 years ago, or more now since it closed. It had all the great outdoor gear. It even had home furnishings, like the steer horn chairs, etc. I miss that place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,656 Posts
We have a resale place around here named Plato's closet that only sells brand name stuff. If you shop for sales A and F really isn't that bad. I got a bunch of stuff for my Goddaughter for Christmas from there. $70 sweaters for $9. My boys have tons of clothes they bought at A & F, t-shirts are $9, sweatshirts $20. They just know that when we walk in we go to the clearance corner. The only time I paid full price is when my skinny minny son found jeans that actually fit him!!!! They had 16 or 18 slims! I let him buy two, but man, I had to talk myself past that sinking feeling.

Toby now likes Reuhl. He told me "It's just like Abercrombie, only more expensive!" :eek: He loved these pants, but they were $95. We waited long enough and he got them for $17. ;D They also have buy one get one free clearance shirts. I do have to say my kids are pretty good about shopping sales. I know they're boys, but they really like their clothes! Something to do with the girls, I'm sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,503 Posts
hahahaha....Praise the LORD for hand-me-downs!!

I get all of my sister's daughter's clothing for Katie...all Abercrombie, Limited II, GAP kids, etc. I am SOOOO lucky.

We really only need to buy socks, panties and some dress clothes...that's IT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,664 Posts
Here's something I just remembered about DD's school clothes shopping. The minute you start shopping for brand name and "fashion label dujour" clothes,you cannot get off that train. When the kids are 10 years old the difference in price is tolerable. When they start wearing clothes out of the juniors dept then expect to shell out a small fortune. I did this when my girlies were younger and I didn't want them to be in the "out" crowd. I remember cringing at 40 dollar jeans and 30 dollar tops. I noticed that North Face fleece Jackets are very popular in our area, $130.00 for a jacket! It's friggin fleece for crissake!

Now that my girls are on their own, it's amazing what frugal shoppers they've become!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,636 Posts
I found that both my older kids went through the Abercrombie/Hollister/American Eagle thing at about 6th through 9th grade and then if fizzled. As they got more comfortable in high school and involved in everything they stopped wearing those name brand clothes. Comfort became the word of the day.
I think it is just a phase for the most part. I let them have some of it. We don't go overboard with it. I really feel it is the time they are struggling to "fit in".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
kaisdad said:
delmonico said:
labs4life said:
delmonico said:
......only to discover that they were no longer the outdoor outfitter of fame and legand, Teddy Roosevelt would have not found a danged thing for his African Safari like he did in 1910 and they didn't have one danged canvas bath tob like Hawkeye and BJ ordered on MASH, yep found out they changed a bit and I did run out.
It's a bit of a shock ain't it! I'm not sure when A & F made the transition,but it's been quite a few years.


I haven't got an LL Bean catalog in years, but someone told me they are headed down the same path, must be Cabelas and Gander Mountian's fault, but durn, they don't have the quality of stuff the other two did.
We used to have a real A&F store here in Vancouver. Must be 20 years ago, or more now since it closed. It had all the great outdoor gear. It even had home furnishings, like the steer horn chairs, etc. I miss that place.
wish they still were like that, if it was good enough for TR it would be good enough for me, wonder what happened to the Griffen and Howe part of the busness.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top