Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We celebrated my Grandma's 80th birthday yesterday. She had such a great time and felt very special. :)

We went to Buca di Beppo, which is a family style Italian restaurant where you order everything in big amounts and share it. We had the "Pope Table," which is decorated with pictures of all of the previous and current Popes and it has a big round table with a giant lazy susan on it to spin the food around. It had a big red chair, like the Pope's chair, which we decorated with balloons.

My mom and I bought 80 gifts, wrapped them all and put them in a big box. We had some funny things, like a giant fly swatter, a tiara, a boa, a fake snake and a pair of those thick glasses with the fake nose and mustache. Took her forever to open it all, but it was hilarious! We all had a good laugh.

Then we gave her the big gift - which was a giant shadow box that I made, with pictures of my Grandma, her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. She opened it and started crying. She was so touched - exactly what we anticipated! It had lots of pictures, stickers, little quotes/sayings, etc. It took me FOREVER to get everything put together, but in the end it was worth it.

She even said there wasn't a thing we could have done to make her day more special. :whoo:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
What a special birthday you created for your grandmother! It sounds fantastic. Glad everyone had a great time. I like the 80 present idea.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That is so wonderful, Justine. You made your grandma very happy, and everyone will always remember that celebration.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
That sounds like a wonderful way to spend her birthday. And every second you spent on her gift was well worth it. Both of my grams have now passed on and I still miss them dearly. Spoil her rotten while you can and give her a hug from me...she sounds like a wonderful lady and a great woman to have as a Grandma.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Awww it sounds like she had a wonderful birthday. Your gift sounds so wonderful too Justine!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts