Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor hubby. His Grandma passed away today. We rushed to get to the hospital as they called us to come, but she couldn't wait. She died while we were enroute.

She was 86 and a very fiesty and fun lady that I loved very much.

Both my grandparents have been gone for some time and hubby's grandpa died the year before we met. That meant that Grandma was the only one we had for some time.

Since Mom died a 1 yr 1/2 ago, I told her to take care of Grandma for us and make her feel at home.

I am sure tonight they are enjoying a comfy cose and catching up on family gossip.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much.

Some of the cousins are not to happy with me right now. Grandma liked what Mom did to handle her terminal illness of arranging and paying for cremation ahead of time. Plus Mom asked that we didn't have any kind of wake or service for her instead she wanted money donated to St. Jude.

Grandma liked that and arranged something similar. Problem is DH's family is mostly very active Catholics and that didn't go over very well. Of course they all know that she deceided this because of my Mom. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. To heck with what the cousin's want it is what your Gram wanted that counts. My great aunt wanted the same thing...instead the family just ask the priest to say a mass in honor of her for family only and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. And I agree with azlab, it's what your Gramma wanted. She will be happy with you. :pray:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts