Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going over everything in my mind of what needs to be done for DS high school graduation. I have decided I don't want him to graduate:):(

I am going to be an emotional mess...I just know it. I picked out 3 pictures today to send with him to school for the slide show played with music(this is the part where I will lose it)at the ceremony.

Looking through all those pictures this morning was like taking a trip back in time...and WHERE did it go?:(

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
You'll be crying again when the tuition bills for college start arriving.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
It goes WAY to fast. I have one who will be home this weekend having completed his first year at college and I'm just STUNNED. Seems like I just packed him up and moved him.
It's ok if you are "a mess". It shows you care and he is loved. Think about all the kids in this world who secretly wish they had a parent who cared enough to "embarrass them by showing a little emotion".
Congrats to you both!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
It goes WAY to fast. I have one who will be home this weekend having completed his first year at college and I'm just STUNNED. Seems like I just packed him up and moved him.
What she said!! ****, it seems like just yesterday I was dropping the boys off at nursery school!! :eek:

You still have a daughter at home, right? At least you won't be dealing with empy nest syndrome...however we quite enjoyed it!! :D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It's ok if you are "a mess". It shows you care and he is loved. Think about all the kids in this world who secretly wish they had a parent who cared enough to "embarrass them by showing a little emotion".!
EXACTLY!!!!!!

My parents were on an Alaskan cruise when I graduated HS. It was the only time they could get the reservation they wanted at a certain price. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Story of my childhood... I tell ya.

So go ahead and be a huge gigantic mess. Its an important event!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
EXACTLY!!!!!!

My parents were on an Alaskan cruise when I graduated HS. It was the only time they could get the reservation they wanted at a certain price. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Story of my childhood... I tell ya.

So go ahead and be a huge gigantic mess. Its an important event!
That's just wrong! My Dad didn't come to mine either. He drove right through Florida the next month to go to the Keys and never even stopped or told me he was coming. It's important to let your kids know you care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts