Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got up the courage to enter a few pieces in a National Canine Art Show a few months ago and was more than pleasantly surprised to be juried in...not just one painting but 3 out of 4 submissions!

Today I got the official award listings for the show.

I received 2nd Place in the Watercolor Category! Wooohoooo!:D

I needed the confidence boost...I have been in the "why am I bothering?"
mood all winter...

here is the link to the Art Show at the Dog Show if anyone is in the Wichita, KS area the next few weeks and going to the dog show.
http://www.artshowatthedogshow.com/index.html

thanks for putting up with the brag...I told Lucy and Cricket and they weren't impressed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Congrats!

I love the print I got from you - the lab swimming after the ball. Every time I look at it, I smile, and guests to my home also comment on it. Too bad you can't see these reactions when you're not feeling full of confidence! :)

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Congrats!

I love the print I got from you - the lab swimming after the ball. Every time I look at it, I smile, and guests to my home also comment on it. Too bad you can't see these reactions when you're not feeling full of confidence! :)
Same for us! EVERY TIME someone new visits our home office, they smile and comment on your wonderful portrait of Theo. People never fail to notice and appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Congratulations!! I cant believe you would get in the why do I bother frame of mind .. your art is amazing and then there is the charity aspect of what you do as well. I can only heap praise on you :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts