Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO much to learn, I don't even know where to start. But this phone is way cool.:)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
You should start by downloading new software. I just heard on the news that Apple has had to patch about 43 security holes today. :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
DS picked his up this evening! Its his second one. I bought mine in Oct. and still love it to this day! The first phone that I have had that I think I will never get tired of. I could never shop for clothes or shoes again in my life, but I'm fighting the urge to up grade my phone, I am no where near my upgrade date:eek:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Did you hear, you don't have to update your contract. IF you bought the IPhone 3g between July and September of last year, you can purchase the new Iphone at the discount if you were a new customer. Hubby read that, I'm shocked we are not at the Apple Store right now to be honest. Anyway, check with Apple or AT&T.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Did you hear, you don't have to update your contract. IF you bought the IPhone 3g between July and September of last year, you can purchase the new Iphone at the discount if you were a new customer. Hubby read that, I'm shocked we are not at the Apple Store right now to be honest. Anyway, check with Apple or AT&T.
Yes, my dh was pretty geeked about that. But then decided not to upgrade. Not sure why?? I thought for sure he'd get the new one.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Is this your first iPhone? I got mine earlier this year and love it. I just downloaded the new SiriusXM application. Woohoo! Now my Sirius is portable.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this your first iPhone?
Yep. I've had smartphones for years, my last one had touch screen, but I am amazed at how much more user friendly this phone is. So far, it's just better in every way.

But then decided not to upgrade. Not sure why??
From what I've read, the changes to this new phone aren't a huge difference from the last one, some things are new or improved, but maybe not worth the cost if you already have the 3G model.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
So it wouldn't work if I was already with AT&T when I got my iPhone? Hmm I have to go in and get some new screen covers today, so I'll ask. I may not be able to hold off if that is the case!:D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Just an FYI, DS was talking to the AT&T rep and they were telling him that sometime soon they will be making it so you can hook your computer up to your phone and use the signal from the phone - so anywhere you have a phone signal you will be able to use your laptop. Sort of an instant wireless router. I think it will only work with the newer phone, not sure if it will work with my current one. It will be interesting to see!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Oh gosh - I need a new phone - have crappy Nokia with a cracked screen and won't text - we're looking at the i-Phones, and other things - I would like to be able to do webdata and stuff, but I'm not much of a geek and the learing curve is still big with me. It's not so much the cost of the phone anymore, but rather the montly charge - and I'm NOT willing to give up my land line yet.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Oh gosh - I need a new phone - have crappy Nokia with a cracked screen and won't text - we're looking at the i-Phones, and other things - I would like to be able to do webdata and stuff, but I'm not much of a geek and the learing curve is still big with me. It's not so much the cost of the phone anymore, but rather the montly charge - and I'm NOT willing to give up my land line yet.
Just to let you know I have had a lot of phones and the iPhone was by far one of the easiest for me to get used to and learn to use. Not that I'm trying to push the phone or anything;) I did justify the cost some because we don't have a land line. Check with your work for any discounts that might be available to you. You might be surprised- Di

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Di, that's called tethering. You can do it with any smartphone now, but yoy get charged for it unless it's in your plan. Google iphone tethering and you'll get a bunch of sites telling you how. You can do that with blackberries too.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Just to let you know I have had a lot of phones and the iPhone was by far one of the easiest for me to get used to and learn to use. Not that I'm trying to push the phone or anything;) I did justify the cost some because we don't have a land line. Check with your work for any discounts that might be available to you. You might be surprised- Di
If we got rid of our landline we would definetly get them because then our monthly bill wouldn't be any more than it is now for a landline and cellphones. It's hard to explain why I still want a landline, but I really don't like talking on cells that much because of how they feel physically when you are talking, and the fact that people call "us" as a family/couple, and if we only had our cells, no one would probably never call me! Maybe some day - I don't know.....

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I guess I still technically have a "landline". I have Vonage which functions as my "landline" and my cellphone. Vonage is pretty reasonible.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Di, that's called tethering. You can do it with any smartphone now, but yoy get charged for it unless it's in your plan. Google iphone tethering and you'll get a bunch of sites telling you how. You can do that with blackberries too.
Thxs, wasn't sure what it was called. Wonder how much extra it would cost, it would be so handy when we are traveling and have a phone signal and no wi-fi.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
If we got rid of our landline we would definetly get them because then our monthly bill wouldn't be any more than it is now for a landline and cellphones. It's hard to explain why I still want a landline, but I really don't like talking on cells that much because of how they feel physically when you are talking, and the fact that people call "us" as a family/couple, and if we only had our cells, no one would probably never call me! Maybe some day - I don't know.....
I love those days when no one calls:D It was hard for me to give up the landline, not sure why either because we haven't had one for almost 3yrs. and I haven't missed it one day. I Don't miss the payment either, even with 2 phones, one being my iPhone, we still spend less then we did with the landline and two basic cell phones. I'm trying to give you encouragement:D

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Verizon charges $10/month to tether...I imagine ATT will charge about the same. You can tether for free on Tmobile via bluetooth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts