Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our bed is now at least 6 inches higher. When I sit on it, I look like the girl from The Big Comfy Couch.

I have this vision of Kacey trying to jump into bed tonight and coming up short, bouncing off the mattress and landing back in the floor. Is it wrong that it makes me giggle?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I loved it when I got my new and higher up one. After a while it doesn't seem so high, but at first it's like, man...I'm sleeping up by the ceiling fan. LOL

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She likes to sleep all sprawled out at the bottom and rest her head on the footboard. (I have no idea why - it can't be comfortable.) She's going to be all discombobulated when she can't even find the footboard!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What kind did you get?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Shadow bounced off the side of our new bed the first night I got it set up. It's about 6" higher than our old mattress was. She stood there and looked at it for a minute, then hopped up and never had another problem with it.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I was like that when we first got ours, I would sit on it and dangle my feet like a little kid. Sammi never had a problem getting on the bed, yet she still makes me lift her into the jeep, wonder whats up with that! Enjoy the new mattresses!;)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Shanny can't get up on mine anymore. :( I know she's upset about it, she whines that high decibel whine most of the night.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
tuck can leap over the couch from the back and land on the floor in front of it.. he had no issues with my waist-high bed =)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Shanny can't get up on mine anymore. :( I know she's upset about it, she whines that high decibel whine most of the night.

Then get the poor girl a doggie step. She is the pack leader and wants to sleep in a place that shows the others who is top dog.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DId ya break it in Melis?
If you mean did I sleep in it, why yes I did.

Betsy, it's a Serta Perfect Sleeper eurotop. I don't remember the actual "name" on the mattress. The deal we got on it was obscene. We got them at Menard's of all places. They offer about 4 different types of Serta mattresses. They were closing them out. The guy explained that about once a year, Serta just re-releases the mattresses under a different name so they have to clearance out the old ones.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Ours is insanely high, too. Tucker and The Face jump up no problem, but I have to lift Frankie up. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts