Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I found this sight when I got my first labs, yellow guy Jake and black boy Beau. Some of you may remember them. When they were pups, they were eating the cellphone and called me at work. I have caller ID. All I could hear on the other end was, Nom..nom..nom.. It's my favorite story.

Jake's nickname is Wilson. You hardly ever see him without a tennis ball. Beau is my black beauty. First time we took him to the lake, he was rolling on his back in the water he was so comfortable in that element.

When they were 3-4 yrs. their Poppa and I divorced. I let Poppa have custody because they grew up in the house he was living at and it seemed the best thing to do. Poppa and I were still on good terms and I got to visit. I've never missed a Christmas or their B-day.

Last week the vet diagnosed Jake with Kennel cough. Started him on an antibiotic regiment. He was not improving. The other night he sneezed and sprayed bloody snot everywhere. Poppa took him back to the vet and they snaked a scope up in his sinus cavity. The scope showed some inflammation. They could get all the way up, scope was to short. Yesterday, he went to a different vet with a longer scope. Here's the sad part....they found a tumor in his sinus cavity. It is inoperable. He is only getting air from the right side. Prognosis is, if the tumor grows into the other side it's all over. They told his Poppa he could survive it for 2 weeks or 12 months. Essentially, it's just a matter of time.

My heart is just breaking. Lil Jake and Beau are my babies even though we don't live together. You can't raise them from pups, clean up their poo, watch their first retrieve or swim, first Christmas..........then write them off. It doesn't work that way.

I know I don't post much. Just needed to go to a place where other people understand what I'm going through. I'll update his progress when I can.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I do remember that story from days past. It's right up there with Labby's checkbook story! I am so sorry to hear about Jake's tumor. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for you. And I know exactly what you mean about them being your babies. My ex has 3 of our labs and I have 3. His 3 are still my babies. Big hugs to you!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I'm so sorry. I hope he can be as comfortable and happy as possible for as long as possible. Good thoughts for all of you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts