Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Many are calling it iPhone killers, others are saying it is going to dominate the smartphone market like nothing else.

It is going to take sometime when this frenzy subsides and reality sinks in. it may be a great phone, but so many phones were called iPhone killers that I have forgotten their count.

Google’s Nexus One is now ready for purchase at $179 with a two year contract. What everyone is eager to know is if the super smartphone is smart enough to lure away iPhone customers to it.

Nexus One outperforms iPhone on many counts but fails to catch up with it in some aspects. To begin with, the Android phone comes with a 5 megapixel camera instead of iPhone’s 3 megapixel camera.

The 3.7-inch screen, better Internet access, faster processor, sleeker and yet lighter body, automatic synchronization of photos, longer battery life, free turn-by-turn GPS navigation, speech recognition tool do give Nexus One a definitive edge over iPhone.

On the flipside, number of apps available for Android phones is far below what Apple’s iTunes Store offers. Further, as opposed to the full 16 GB, the memory space allotted for apps on Nexus One is a meager 190 MB out of the total 4.5 GB.

Nexus’s advantageous high talktime is not applicable for the battery life for separate functions. 20 hours of music playback, for instance, will empty out the super Android phone’s battery, whereas iPhone back 30 hours of playback.

The phone will also be available without a carrier contract but at $529. Customers in the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore have no other choice but to go for the costly carrier-less option.

T-Mobile and Verizon in the US and Vodafone in Europe will offer service plans for Nexus One.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
The Tmo G1 was supposed to be an iphone killer, too. I find touch screen phones annoying compared to the regular blackberry. I think it is cool, though.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
No. The only thing i'd even consider leaving blackberry for is an iphone.. but not the current one.. there's too many things missing from it..

Although i really like a physical keyboard too.. i think i'll just stay with my bb .. the only thing that would be cool is the 5mp camera.. on a phone.. sweet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts