Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an interview tomorrow morning for a dental clinic. It is for receptionist Tues-Thurs-Sat, 24 to 30 hours a week. The clinic I would work at is close to home, even closer than my old office was.

Also, the pet supply store where I get dog food is opening another store in Ann Arbor in 4 - 6 weeks; they have started to demo in the building they just closed on. The owner wants me to work there part-time for her.

So, I have the possibility of two part-time jobs. :) Neither one, of course, would offer medical, but there is a chance the dental office could become full time. Until then, my COBRA is paid through September, then we can pick it up for less than $315/month for medical, dental, and prescription.

I would appreciate any and all good thoughts for this interview!

I did get an email asking me to set up an appointment for another interview, but I am not going to. It's for a collection agency, and I simply cannot do that kind of thing. :( So, I deleted it, am going to pretend I never got it, and hope they go away. If they become insistent, I will have to go for the interview and just make sure they don't hire me. :cool: I sent the resume through the Michigan Job Bank, not knowing what the company was, so I am afraid if I refuse the interview they can screw my unemployment.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
good luck, jackie. i don't blame ya about the collections thing; especially in this day and time. work is hard enough to do something you would be miserable at.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all. I am really nervous, my stomach is in knots. I don't do interviews well. :( Plus, after working in a business casual environment for the past 15 years, I don't have 'interview clothes.' I have two suits, far more suited to winter than 90+ degrees in 90% humidity. Guess I should get at least one summer-weight suit, huh?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts