Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MIL has been having pain in her shoulder which she initially thought was just a pulled muscle from hoisting herself around after her knee replacement surgery. She finally went to her doctor in January who sent her to physical therapy. After 3 months and no results she went back to her dr. and they ordered an MRI. The tech said he saw a tumor in the shoulder and she needs to see her doctor immediately. Her doctor says he doesn't see a tumor, but has sent her to an oncologist. The oncologist was not as positive and has ordered a biopsy for Tuesday and we won't have the results til next Friday. My FIL is freaking out. My husband, their only child, remains stoic. I'm sure I'll get a better feel for what is going on Sunday when we see them for Easter.

I'm scared. This woman is the stereotypical Italian matriarch and a force to be reckoned with. This could be really serious and I don't know how these guys are going to handle it. :(

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Oh Missy! Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way for your MIL. Whatever you need! xx

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh my gosh Missy, that's so scary! Prayers and good thoughts.....

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts that the tech was wrong and there is nothing there to worry about.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
That's no good! Shoulders suck when they aren't feeling right or working properly!! My dad had shoulder surgery last year or the year before and it was not fun.

If there turns out to be a tumor, I hope it's benign and that's the end of it.

Good thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Hope and prayers that the test results show nothing serious.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Hope everything turns out to be ok and the mass just is just a little old scar tissue or something simple.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts