Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
actually only a piece of the train wreck that is life right now ...
Sampson is feeling PUNK right now - came home to a crate full of vomit, pale gums, a lethargic pooch

he is thirsty but pukes up whatever he drinks
won't eat

I am in regular contact with his vet (who is hoping he ate something and it will pass) but I'm not optimistic

I am also dealing with a critically ill rabbit, step father and father in law ...

good thoughts for sampson PLEASE as I just can't take much more right now

thanks

andrea

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Good thoughts. Is the vet going to give him IV fluids? By that I mean injecting teh fluids into the extra skin in the ruff of the dog's neck and not the continuous drip.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Srry you're having to go through all of this. Good thoughts on the way.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying half cup of water every hour for now - I have subq if he needs them .. good idea.. I'll ask when she next checks in

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Sending good thoughts for Samson and you. How are things going?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
still pale but brighter ... snoozing instead of lying staring with open eyes .. had a good pee

half cup of water every half hour has stayed down for nearly 2 hours... which is a good sign
I'm pretty sure it isn't bloat or torsion - he is not painful, belly isn't distended
could be a block but doesn't quite fit the profile
could be a perforation I suppose - or knowing my luck something weird and expensive to discover and treat ...

vet is hoping he's allergic to one of my other dogs (she's been coveting Thea for years) but I doubt I'll get off that lightly

thanks for the thoughts - I start at the vets in the am ...

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh no. Prayers for all.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sammo is brighter this morning - he's pale but in shades of pink not the blue of last night

vet appointment @ 9:45 for work up rather than being sitting on her door step at opening

apparently the power of JL good thoughts continues.. thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts